De La Salle Streak BROKEN

Yep, they lost, 39-20...there goes the streak. 151 games won in a row. De La Salle LOSES to Bellview. Nope, this is not a lie. I can't wait 'till tuesday sp I can count all the crying jocks. :pinch:

http://www.dlshs.org/athletics/foothistory.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1872143

http://espn.go.com/highschool/a/000925delasalle.html

...De La Salle High School, has used to win a startling 151 games in a row...

I go to the school. :| I think I would know.

Edited by psychoticDEMENTO

Well, this is definetly the worst thread ever. Not only does no one care, it isn't even the record streak. Thats somewhere in the avenue of 210+ games. Don't ask who or when, because I'm not 100% sure, but its not too recently (20-30 years ago or so)

i care. i play football at issaquah which is in the same division as bellevue who just beat de la salle which had the longest streak ever in any sport. it's been a big deal around here.

Everyone knows that DLS has been chock-full of roid-raging teens the last decade. And now that all their star seniors are gone, their team is just "good" this year (i'm speculating).

I don't like it when people say we are "roid-raging teens." Just because we won so many games doesn't mean we are on steroids. No, we don't draft. No, we don't do steroids. We won a lot because of teamwork and the coaches. But I think Terrence Kelly's recent death really hit hard for the coaches/players. And, to make matters worse, our playbook was stolen a few days before the game. That, sounds like a conspiracy to me.

The team I play for (Victor J. Andrew Thunderbolts) just broke a 7year, 9-game losing streak to Lincoln-Way Central. We beat them 28-24. Great game. :yes:

:laugh:

Man, doesn't it feel awesome when you win for the first time in years?

Everyone knows that DLS has been chock-full of roid-raging teens the last decade. And now that all their star seniors are gone, their team is just "good" this year (i'm speculating).

For one, if you have no clue what you're talking about then don't talk. If I were to speculate, I'd say Football is a huge thing there. There's a school not too far from where I live (Celina) that won 70-something consecutive games and loads of consecutive state titles, and that was because they're a football school. It's a football town. Chances are De La Salle is, too.

episode: it was longest current High School streak.

For one, if you have no clue what you're talking about then don't talk. If I were to speculate, I'd say Football is a huge thing there. There's a school not too far from where I live (Celina) that won 70-something consecutive games and loads of consecutive state titles, and that was because they're a football school. It's a football town. Chances are De La Salle is, too.

episode: it was longest current High School streak.

Man, I've heard stories about De La Salle football that you wouldn't believe.

And I can say what I want as this is a public forum. :happy:

Dear gosh, let's not get into the whole 'this is a free country'-type remarks.

Why would you bother stating such information as fact when you have no clue at all of what you're talking about? I've heard no such rumors of the school, but I'm sure the rumors like to fly in California so kids there can boost their ego: "Man, we lost... but, uhh.... THEY TAKE STEROIDS!". Please.

SI just did a great article on this Catholic school. First off, stop about the steroids crap. Steroids make you stronger, not more athletic, not more intelligent. Maybe they have a great coach, maybe they are disciplined, maybe, just maybe they are a great football school. California just has the best HS football players in the country, hands down, no question about it and no argument even approachable. We always stomp the Texas teams and that is all people do on a Friday night in Texas is watch HS football. They live and breathe it, we take it casually sometimes and still beat people.

Mater Dei, Long Beach Poly, De la Salle are all great programs. Sure they 'import' kids to play on there teams. Fact is, this loss will not do anything to the team except keep them from an undefeated season again. Let the teams play again and see who wins.

California just has the best HS football players in the country, hands down, no question about it and no argument even approachable. We always stomp the Texas teams and that is all people do on a Friday night in Texas is watch HS football.

Please tell me you're joking.

California just has the best HS football players in the country, hands down, no question about it and no argument even approachable. We always stomp the Texas teams and that is all people do on a Friday night in Texas is watch HS football.

Is that the reason why the California NFL teams are the worst in the country?

hahaha...

Well, even if he is trying to say that California Football players are better, I'd love to see how he'd argue it. For one, look at OU's roster and pretty much any major college team's roster. If you'll notice, most of the players are from Texas. Maybe one or two from Cali, but Texas players are much more recruited than California players. You can also look at the birth of a lot of NFL players and see quite a bit from Texas. Cali has quite a bit, too, but again, I'll put money that more NFL players are from Texas than Cali.

Also, if he's talking about teams, then I'd say he's off-base there, too. For one, Texas doesn't let private high schools recruit players if they want to play in any serious league. California, on the other hand, does. Texas teams are better coached, if you ask me -- look at the products from major schools in the area and you'll see what I mean.

He's also completely off-base with his comment on how California teams beat Texas teams -- uhhhh, since when? California teams almost always refuse to play Texas teams that are nationally or state ranked (yes, including your precious La Salle).

Quick question: what High School football game is being offered television contracts by both Fox and ESPN? Nope, not a California game... the Southlake Carroll and Denton Ryan game (both of which are around 30 minutes from here... maybe I should go? :p). What's that? Oh yeah -- Southlake's ranked #1, too ;)

Note: this from a person who doesn't like Football or Texas football to begin with... but I know what I'm talking about, so don't try that arguement ;)

LOL, ok you guys keep believing that. I never once said the NFL isn't chalk full of players from Texas. And who is arguing about California pro teams, that is just stupid. Pro teams are not comprised of home town players. Everyone is biased against California anyways. Carson Palmer should have had no question about winning the Heisman, yet there were a alot doubting him. All the columnists, reporters don't watch the west coast games because of the time gap. And Fox and ESPN always show HS football games, if you lived out here you would know that. California teams go to Hawaii every year to play football over there, sometimes against Texas. You would have to live out here to know what you are talking about. I lived in Texas for a year, so I know what it is like out there. Watch a De la Salle or LB Polly game, it is precision football at a HS level.

I never said anything about California pro-teams, that was the previous poster. And, yes, I realize that... exactly why I didn't talk about professional teams from California.

And thank you, I will keep believing that. Want to know why? Because everything I said was true. As I said, California teams almost always refuse to play a ranked Texas team. If you can give me proof saying otherwise (recently... don't go back 10 years, please... thanks), then I'll admit I was wrong. If you can't, then stop making stupid assumptions that you don't know about.

Fox and ESPN always nationally televise High School games? Um, since when? When was the last High School football game you saw nationally televised -- I'm not talking about regionally, here -- nationally, bud. So, how would I know that 'if I lived over there'? Last time I checked, things that are shown nationally are available in Texas, too ;)