Linksys BEFSR41

when i try to connect to configuration by typing http://192.168.1.1 in my browser.. after that i dont see a login screen but an error message with: "CONNECTION REFUSED" ..

i can access the internet with 2 pc's but i wanted to configure the ports, but can't access the config as you can see

anybody?

Are you sure your router is set to 192.168.1.1?

I get your exact same error if I try the default address above. However, I have manually switched my router's IP to 192.168.1.2 (I used to have two separate routers, hence the .1 and .2).

It sounds like your IP is not what you expect.

try a ping 192.168.1.1 and see if your router is there.

I while back I also had some kind of the same thing, try in the Network Connections > Right click->disable and then right click->enable on the Local Area Connection. It might sound trange but after I did that I could connect to the configuaration panel again.

try connecting to your router using telnet

do like this:

run->cmd

type: telnet 192.168.1.1 80

when your connected type GET en press enter. (dont wait to long)

you should see something like:

HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Linksys BEFSR41"

Content-type: text/html

Expires: Thu, 13 Dec 1969 10:29:00 GMT

Connection: close

Pragma: no-cache

This wont solve any problems, just check if you can connect to your router trough port 80

Can you not do a hard reset of the router? This would then go back to factory default, which is 192.168.1.1 admin/admin.

#

Just a thought.

yeah but before i changed the password it was still the same.. i typ the ipaddress in my IE.. and then error.. i never saw it asking for my username/password.. thats whats annoys me

there's no need to reset the router. the problem is not @ the router. as you can see when he telnets the router he sends HTTP responds, try use Firefox or somekind of a other browser

I think you should reset the router and if you still have problems return your product if you can. I am a field service tech for CompUSA and I would say about 1-10 of the wireless routers I go onsite to set up need to be returned to the store for one reason or another (Belkins seem to be the worst but i have had one bad linksys :no: ). But like I said reset the router first to make sure there isn't some setting that is causing problems.

One thing that could be causing your problem is if you have use the router admin page 192.168.1.1 from one computer and then tried accessing the same page from another computer. The first computer you used to change setting will be the only one able to access the router (a security thing). Resetting the router will fix this, or if you have an extra cat5 cable just plug strait into your router to configure.