No Domain Box in XP?

I am currently working in a team on a website remotely. We have set up a development site to use for testing perposes. The problem is that I cannot access the site from Windows XP. I have been able to setup Win2000 using VirtualPC in my XP machine and have no trouble accessing it from there. In 2000 when accessing the site, it gives a dialog box asking for user name, password, and domain. The domain option is not present when I try in XP. Both have IE6, it's just a major pain to startup VirtualPC and Win2000 just to check the progress. Is there anyway to enable the option or manually force IE to send the domain name in XP?

noll3095

Originally posted by mAcOdIn

If you are trying to log on to a domain it isn't available in windows xp home, if thats the ver. your using.

Thanks, but, it's XP Pro and it's not on a network (well home peer-to-peer). It's to access a website.

Been having a bit of a think, and cant really come up with anything solid, but one with worth considering would be a proxy server, if you're accessing the site via it, just confirm both the 2k and xp installations are setup for the proxy server correctly if needed.

I'll hastle some fellow members of our xp development/deployment team later.

Jon

No there is no proxy server. The main machine is Win XP Pro on a cable modem. The VirtualPC is an emulator on top of XP running 2000 so the connection is basically the same. I have no idea why it would be in one and not the other. Whan I get home tonight, I'll post screenshots of the two dialog boxes.

Thanks for you help.

Here are the screenshots of the two dialog boxes:

XP_dia.jpg

For WinXP

2000_dia.jpg

For Win2000

Notice that 2000 has a box for a domain where XP leaves it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.