Inspirit Firefox

@Stylez Ray, IMO there's nothing unclear with the Install Guide but..

1. Just download the latest one.

2. Don't pay attention to that. He just states that the dimple.png is the image that he uses for the compact menu button (to replace the fish).

3. Click the picture on the third step. Then click "Go" until you get to the Advanced Close Tab screen.

4. Copy the userChrome.css from the \Safarifox09\userChrome.css\ folder that you downloaded and place it into the \Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default (or your nick)\chrome\ folder.

One of the most important thing is that you get the Tab Extension settings right.

Open the \Safarifox09\Extra\tabextensions_en.html file and follow those steps.

Blah I hope this makes sense :wacko:

You have to close firefox first before you add or replace files...and you don't need a overwrite notice for the user.js, firefox should automatically pick it up once you put it in the folder.

i did have firefox closed when i did all the changes, the following is a screenshot of it when it's loading, it looks like the tab bar is too think or something, i got the userchrome to copy in, it didn't seem to change anything, so now i've done everything exactly as instructed

post-45-1094679398.jpg

Edited by The Beav

ok thanks shiggy, helped a lot, only thing left are the fonts, means the userchrome.css, I can't copy it to the folder because it says that another file with the same name is in use, even when firefox is closed and there is no other file with the same name....odd

I tried it a couple times, and it just isn't worth it. The guide sucks and it doens't even cover the most recent version of the extensions. I just prefer the normal view over this if it takes that much effort.

ok followed the instructions on modding the files to make it look like its suppose to, i followed the tbe instructions and even got the newest tbe extension from the site posted

and this is what mine turns to

post-45-1094700046.png

Why could he just make a regular firefox theme for this? Why is it so dependent on other factors?

I'd really like to use it, but I have a lot of modifications on all of my user files and don't want to replace them.

A lot of people are having that same issue, what version of firefox are you using?

Try using the tabextentions.jar file that hills provided in the theme.. instead of installing overwrite it in the directory

Had some trouble settings this up, mainly due to the fact that the intstructions were vague and/or non-existent, but after much trial and error on my part, I think I got it to work as it should. I also found out that the latest version of TBE doesn't allow the tabs to render well.

Also, the Back, Forward, etc buttons must go into the space once occupied by the File, Edit, etc. menus I sort of dragged them onto the Bookmarks toolbar when I first started trying to install this. Probably just my mistake. I'm sure no one else would do the same. ;)

The line people are getting thru the tabs is caused them people NOT using the Bookmarks toolbar. It seems the theme NEEDS this to get the sizing right. At least that's what I found out when installing the theme.

Attached is what my Firefox looks like now. :D

---

On a side note, anyone who got this installed successfully: does it seem like Firefox is slower? Not in rendering pages, but when, for example, you go to resize the window or maximize it. Takes a bit. Don't think it's my system thats slow either (P4 2.4Ghz, 1024MB Ram, etc...).

Had some trouble settings this up, mainly due to the fact that the intstructions were vague and/or non-existent, but after much trial and error on my part, I think I got it to work as it should. I also found out that the latest version of TBE doesn't allow the tabs to render well.

Also, the Back, Forward, etc buttons must go into the space once occupied by the File, Edit, etc. menus I sort of dragged them onto the Bookmarks toolbar when I first started trying to install this. Probably just my mistake. I'm sure no one else would do the same. ;)

The line people are getting thru the tabs is caused them people NOT using the Bookmarks toolbar. It seems the theme NEEDS this to get the sizing right. At least that's what I found out when installing the theme.

---

On a side note, anyone who got this installed successfully: does it seem like Firefox is slower? Not in rendering pages, but when, for example, you go to resize the window or maximize it. Takes a bit. Don't think it's my system thats slow either (P4 2.4Ghz, 1024MB Ram, etc...).

Well, it's not firefox, it's the tab extentions file, if you use an older version it doesn't lag..

---

Not here, I downloaded the last version of the tab extensions from here http://white.sakura.ne.jp/%7epiro/, try it :D

why doesnt anyone just create an installer file or a batch file.. this is way too confusing. it fuxored my firefox. not that i ever use it anyway it just looks nice. :blush:

@The Beav: What progress bar? The one in the tab? Yea, I disabled it in TBE's prefs window (See attachment). And what vertical bars? Mind posting a pic as an attachment?

@TruBD: Nice. Yea, I had to start using the Bookmarks toolbar just for this theme. I've already grown accustomed to it. Only reason why I didn't use it before was because with the File, Edit, etc menu bar + the Navigation toolbar + the Bookmarks toolbar, I was left with little screen space for any webpage, since I'm limited to 1024x768 by my stupid LCD screen. :p

@GatorV: I did already, and it messed up my tabs. Reverted back to the older version (the "no lag problems" version included with the theme download) and everything is working more or less perfectly (some minor glitches, but they're known problems).

OK, I'm still confused. The instructions are all so vague, and it just requires replacing so many confusing Firefox files, that I think this theme is not worthwhile. Whoever made this thought that it should be easy for everyone just because he knows very well how to replace them. Look at how it messed up by Themes dialog box.