New SoundBlaster Drivers

Hey

I saw those new soundblaster live drivers in the news section. I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet, and what their results were.

Right now Im wondering wether or not just to go and shell out the hundred bucks and just get a new SoundBlaster Audigy,

which is said to have XP support.

what are you talking about??? all Live cards will have XP support, just wait till the drivers are release by creative in a couple weeks. Ignore these "new drivers" cause theyre not new.

I've never had any problems with the default drivers or the ones on WindowsUpdate. I will get the OFFICIAL drivers with Live!Ware but it's HARDLY on the top of my most wanted list... EAX works and the sound is fine, so do I really need to be able to pretend I'm in a cavern while playing my MP3's [i'm talking about the crappy sound effects you can choose from with Live!Ware]? :D:D

Originally posted by Hunter

well, you probably only have two speakers. the quadraphonic option in sound properties wont work with the shipped XP drivers.

what tha hell are you smoking.. i have 4.1 set up right now and i get full surround sounds when watching movies and even just regular TV using my TV card. I get full EAX support too and even DIGITAL OUT so where do you get this no support for 4 channels thing you talking about.

I've used an Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer since I started using WinXP about 6 months ago or longer... I never had a bit of problems using the built in drivers of XP

I just upgraded to an SB Audigy MP3+, and it works just fine in WinXP.

Drugar

i dunno from my own experience. I tried enabling quardaphonics with the shipped drivers and it didnt work. then installed the other ones from that french site and then it did. so....I thought that it was as simple as that, doesnt work with shipped, works with new ones. sorry:roll: