'C:\Document can't be found' message at startup

I encountered 'C:\Document can't be found' error at XP startup, I saw a blue screen(color of my desktop) and the dialog, I didn't see taskbar or anything else. I clicked OK and there's nothing unusual. Is this caused by virus?

This could happen if your 'My Documents' folder has been changed to C:\documents. Go to My Documents, and if all your files are gone then thats the problem. If they haven't gone, then it's something else.

it could be a DOS formatting thing too.

Like instead of a dir path being C:\Documents and Settings, it is C:\DOCUME~1

Yeah, either this or its trying to look inside C:\Documents and Settings\...... Ive noticed with mIRC in particular, when trying to load a script say, and its located in Program Files\mIRC, if you dont quote the line it says it cant find C:\Program...

So look for something with C:\Documents and Settings and maybe quote it...

For mIRC its like this:-

/load -rs C:\Program Files\mIRC\Scripts\SystemInfo.ini -----> returns the cant fine C:\Program error

So you do this instead:-

/load -rs "C:\Program Files\mIRC\Scripts\SystemInfo.ini" and it works :)

I think some apps just dont like spaces in folder names :)

:whistle:

This could happen if your 'My Documents' folder has been changed to C:\documents. Go to My Documents, and if all your files are gone then thats the problem. If they haven't gone, then it's something else.

clever, this is the point

my files haven't gone and the problem has been solved, the thread could be deleted or closed i think :yes: