[NCAA] The Gators are back!

OSU vs. Marshall was much better than the UF game. I mean, who wants to see a one-sided game anyway? Gets boring since you know you're going to win since late 1st quarter.

Well...I can give one reason why today scares me looking forward to next week: tackling. There has got to be an improvement by the secondary in tackling or else Cedric Houston and the Vols will run all over the defense. The guy EMU had isn't anywhere as big or physical as Houston yet we couldn't bring him down. And because you are a die-hard Gator fan, like me, you know that UT will run that HB ISO all day until we stop it (and it always requires a LB or DB to stop). I do feel good about the offense, I'm not worried there. Chris Leak played well, made very good decisions, and will be fine running the team in a hostile environment. It's just that secondary and tackling...

I will say this, the Gator offense is definately on-track for greatness. The balance today was awesome, the play calling was much more crisp and well-planned, and the offensive line is really going to open some holes for Ciatrick Fason and DeShawn Wynn. The young receivers played much better than I thought and I'm really liking Andre Caldwell. I actually didn't get frustrated today with the play calls by Larry Fedora, something that Ed Zaunbrecher couldn't say for last year. The formations were more tailored to the plays being run and there was definately an improvement by keeping the defense guessing. There weren't many bubble screens, which is good, and the dreaded shotgun draw was non-existant.

Next week should be fun, though. It's time for Leak to lead the UF band this time ;)

I didnt say we were back because we won, i know plenty about football to know much better than that. I said we were back because i like what i saw out of the players and i like what i saw coaching wise. Both things i noticed were not present last year.

The coaching was very creative, and Zook and Co. had a bunch of plays that really kept the defense on their toes. We saw the draw and the bubble screen, but not showcased as one of the only 4 plays we knew. We ran out of a bunch of different formations and we did a lot of playing with the defense.

As far as the tackling above mentioned goes, it was much better than last year. There was a lot more hitting straight on from our defense, where as last year i would get ****ed that we couldnt hold on to a guy when we tackled him.

Our secondary is wet behind the ears, but the Tenn game wont expose them for the fact that UT will be playing a duo of freshman QB's who aren't exactly going to light up the field. They will be relying on the run game more, and our very talented crew on the d line and our LB's (who also looked very good yesterday) should be able to more than handle UT's run game.

And quite honestly, after watching that OSU/Marshall game, sure it was a nail biter, but considering they had that much trobule with Marshall, they should drop from the top 10.

Yeah but you played EMU. You can't really tell anything from watching on tv or in the stands. Sure, the team/coaching staff knows, but to the obvserver? Nah. Now after they play a team that stretches them...sure, you can base it on that. But EMU? No way. Granted OSU barely beat Marshall, but Marshall would whoop on EMU.

Michigan had its way with Miami(OH), but we all saw how bad they can get when they lost to Notre Dame. I'm sure Florida will have trouble with UT, since EMU isn't even considered a challenge.

I never said we wouldnt have trouble, but we looked much better as a team than we did in last years opener. It made me very optemistic for this season. OBVIOUSLY we all know EMU is not exactly a tough opponent, HOWEVER, there are still things you can tell about a team, and especially our playcalling compared to last year in an opening game.

hehe, we're still gonna disagree. and yes, it is partly because i'm bitter right now, and my year is ruined. but even playcalling will be a lot more creative when you are playing emu. we'll see next week :)

QUIT HATEN ON MY SCHOOL... EMU NATIONAL CHAMPS haha

the only reason EMU lost is because it was to stuffy (muggy) down there for them.

Don't feel bad, Michigan lost as well :p

hehe, we're still gonna disagree. and yes, it is partly because i'm bitter right now, and my year is ruined. but even playcalling will be a lot more creative when you are playing emu. we'll see next week :)

see that's the thing. For our openers last year, the playcalling wasn't creative AT ALL. We saw the same plays then that we saw for the rest of the year. It wasn't until late in the year that we saw the offense open up just slightly. This year, we saw it right up front, and they haven't even shown UT everything they had, they just gave them enough to think about without showing 'em everything.

As far as Michigan losing, even though it helped my Gators, I don't have anything on michigan (besides that outback bowl, but i blame that on Ron Zook anyway,) so I can sympathize with your loss. Just make sure you beat OSU later on or I'll be ****ed :D

see that's the thing. For our openers last year, the playcalling wasn't creative AT ALL. We saw the same plays then that we saw for the rest of the year. It wasn't until late in the year that we saw the offense open up just slightly. This year, we saw it right up front, and they haven't even shown UT everything they had, they just gave them enough to think about without showing 'em everything.

As far as Michigan losing, even though it helped my Gators, I don't have anything on michigan (besides that outback bowl, but i blame that on Ron Zook anyway,) so I can sympathize with your loss. Just make sure you beat OSU later on or I'll be ****ed :D

well, if last year showed us anything, it's that 1 loss teams can win a national championship. so you bet your ass we're gonna give OSU everything we got.

the thing for me now, is swollowing my pride, and i'm not sure if SOS means anything anymore, but it would probably help michigan's cause if notre dame won 9 or so games this year....if ND goes 1-10 or whatever, i'll kill myself.

well, if last year showed us anything, it's that 1 loss teams can win a national championship. so you bet your ass we're gonna give OSU everything we got.

the thing for me now, is swollowing my pride, and i'm not sure if SOS means anything anymore, but it would probably help michigan's cause if notre dame won 9 or so games this year....if ND goes 1-10 or whatever, i'll kill myself.

SOS really doesnt mean much anymore. I mean, they say its factored into the human polls enough, but USC, who has one of the easiest schedules out there, is at #1 and wont drop if they dont lose, so take that for what you will...

SOS really doesnt mean much anymore. I mean, they say its factored into the human polls enough, but USC, who has one of the easiest schedules out there, is at #1 and wont drop if they dont lose, so take that for what you will...

i need to read more about it, but i personally don't like the new bcs stuff.

why do we think the human polls are better than computers? IMO, the human polls are way worse than bcs computers, because bcs computers treat everyone the same. human polls are heavily biased, east coast guys don't know west coast, west coast doesn't know east coast, SOS, etc. it SHOULD matter that USC's schedule is a cakewalk. i thought omitting USC from the championship game last year was the correct thing to do. i don't know why everyone made such a big deal. in the computers unbiased eyes, the 2 best teams played each other.

scheduling don?t get me started on that, Michigan always has a very hard schedule and it seems like UF, Miami, FSU, USC all have cakewalks (maybe 1 or 2 hard games) but compared to the big 10 schedule its a cakewalk...

btw ive been wondering BroChaos how/why you such a big michigan fan if you live in cali?

BAH!!! They have to get by Iowa first. The last time Iowa was in town...well let's just say they should have renamed the town Iowa City. They handed Mich their aces on a platter. :D

scheduling don?t get me started on that, Michigan always has a very hard schedule and it seems like UF, Miami, FSU, USC all have cakewalks (maybe 1 or 2 hard games) but compared to the big 10 schedule its a cakewalk...

btw ive been wondering BroChaos how/why you such a big michigan fan if you live in cali?

i was born in michigan, lived there for 22 year:):)

both my sisters went there (i was actually not accepted:laugh:h: damn affirmative action)

but yeah, big ten does have a tough schedule. same with SEC. pac 10 is a joke, so is big 12 and big east. but now that miami and vt is in the ACC, i'm guessing they are gonna have 2 losses this year. miami used to have the biggest joke of a schedule ever.

LSU has a tough conference schedule, but can't they at least schedule div 1a opponents for their OOC games?

hehe, the iowa game is gonna be a good one.

as of now, oklahoma plays ONE ranked team. USC plays ONE ranked team. so basically their season comes down to just that one game.

michigan plays FOUR ranked teams, LSU plays THREE. they have to play better game in and game out to remain undefeated.