[CRICKET] USA humiliated, ICC Trophy

The US didn't have a team... until very very recently. The ICC decided to expand this year by including a few other teams taken from a qualification tournament that really do not deserve to even be considered for the international level.

Cricket is an amazing sport, thoroughly intellectual and a lot more exciting then it may appear to be at first glance. It's good to see that the US at least has a team, which shows that they are finally expanding their horizons not only in terms of awareness but in participation as well. Unfortunately this thread shows a splendid sample of fantastically ignorant individuals who don't represent that trend very well.

If only your military endeavours were as geographically limited as your global awareness...

I agree, totally. An American resident that shares my views, few and far between.

how can you call this team americans when you only have one of them in the team and he thinks he is playing baseball the way he throws the ball, the rest of the team arnt even american born :)

so we are supposed to know about every little tourneyment and every sport/game? Especially why would they want to let the country know they were enterting a international tourny where they were most likely going to lose...

eRad: Way to bring this into a political debate, so im just going to stay out of it this time. Next time keep your comments to where they belong...

As mentioned before, this "little" international tournament is for a sport that is second only to soccer is spectators.

how can you call this team americans when you only have one of them in the team and he thinks he is playing baseball the way he throws the ball, the rest of the team arnt even american born :)

I was watching the highlights, one of the bowlers clean bowled an Australian and shouted "strrrrrrrrriiiiiiikkkke"

So let me get this straight, we are at fault for not being globally aware of sports that we do not really care for as a country?

Yes, Cricket and Soccer are very popular around the world and were European Sports. The reason why they are popular is because of European Colinization and Empire building where they transfered their culture to the inhabitors of that region correct? So just because a large part of the USA does not care for your sports we are not globally aware and you believe that you are so much better than us? Napoleon Complex?

I agree, totally. An American resident that shares my views, few and far between.

You might want to look at the location before you say that he is an American that shares your views. As to the US loseing in cricket... so what? Are you merely coming here to rub dirt in a countries/peoples face? I knew that we had a cricket team... I had no idea they went to tournaments though. Besides I don't really care about sports US or Otherwise or the Olympics for that matter.

Hah.. its so funny.

If the USA had kicked ass it would have been "HAH! A sport we hardly have anything to do with and we beat the British who are fanatical about it! HAHAH!"

And when you lose its like "Pfft - ghey sport that no one cares about" (yeah, in the USA maybe) "so who cares if we lost in your crappy game."

You guys can be REAL good sportsmen sometimes.

Er, actually no....I could care less if the US beat any outside country at anything frankly. International sports don't interest me much at all, outside of the world cup.

Besides...we already play cricket. We just call it baseball. :D (sarcasm, yet again)

I was watching the highlights, one of the bowlers clean bowled an Australian and shouted "strrrrrrrrriiiiiiikkkke"

LOL :D

A little correction. Australian batsman wasn't cleaned bowled, he was caught.

Just wondering what do you guys have against cricket? It's just a game. Take it easy.

bad luck USA.

i really think that the lesser teams (inc. England :laugh:) in cricket should have their own tournament where they play each other and also maybe some A teams because they just don't get enough matches.

The US didn't have a team... until very very recently. The ICC decided to expand this year by including a few other teams taken from a qualification tournament that really do not deserve to even be considered for the international level.

Cricket is an amazing sport, thoroughly intellectual and a lot more exciting then it may appear to be at first glance. It's good to see that the US at least has a team, which shows that they are finally expanding their horizons not only in terms of awareness but in participation as well. Unfortunately this thread shows a splendid sample of fantastically ignorant individuals who don't represent that trend very well.

If only your military endeavours were as geographically limited as your global awareness...

May i shake your hand. Excellent post.

More than likely the reason we didnt know, was because even if we did we wouldnt care. American Football just started and Baseball is ending soon. We have our own sports to think about rather than a sport mostly played in former british colonial interests.

Its pretty sad when a country like the US, dont actually make its residents aware that they are entering in a international tournament.

:rolleyes: Because we all know that the prime reason the government exists is to inform the populace about games.

Hah.. its so funny.

If the USA had kicked ass it would have been "HAH! A sport we hardly have anything to do with and we beat the British who are fanatical about it! HAHAH!"

And when you lose its like "Pfft - ghey sport that no one cares about" (yeah, in the USA maybe) "so who cares if we lost in your crappy game."

You guys can be REAL good sportsmen sometimes.

you hit it right on the spot there..!! :laugh: :laugh:

I am pretty sure that CRICKET will gain momentum in countries like USA and other american countries once the 20-20 cricket start's.

It will have just 20 over's a side and will take just 2 n half hrs for the entire game 2 complete.

As for now for a one day international there are 50 over's per side and take easily 7 n half hrs 2 complete and the Test Cricket is played for 5 days.

And well CRICKET IS CALLED AS THE GENTLEMAN'S GAME.

Maybe tat's y it isnt popular in the West as it is in Europe and Asia.

For a country that just added cricket as a sport and made it to this competition is a good thing. Different countries play what they want and how they want. Cricket is not a sport we play incessantly,so it doesn't really matter,whether they win or lose.Either way good going to the USA cricket team for making it that far.

Cricket.... Thats kind of like baseball and football combined right? Not your football, our football... then again I guess it is kind of like football, too.... your football not ours. :D

And the quote of the thread goes to mohan_168. :)

"And well CRICKET IS CALLED AS THE GENTLEMAN'S GAME.

Maybe tat's y it isnt popular in the West as it is in Europe and Asia."

And by the way...Golf is considered the Gentleman's game.

This thread is going nowhere, it's pure bashing the US, which isn't permitted here.

Thread Closed.