Stargate SG-1 & Reusable Actors

Well, since we were on the subject of reusable actors...does anyone watch Stargate-SG1 - I love it, in the UK they have just released Season 4.08 (DVD Vol. 15).

Well, where shall I start:

Episode (1.03) "Nox" - Armin Shimerman (Quark from DS9).

Episode (4.02) "The Other Side" - Rene Auberjonios (Odo from DS9).

Episode (4.07) "Watergate" - Marina Sirtis (Counsellor Deanna Troi from YNG).

Isn't it great - we're getting the Star Trek actors interested in this.

I personally love Stargate-SG1, it is extremely down to earth and up to date, and did I mention extremely good :rambo:

Stargate SG-1 is very good.

Also, Daniel Jackson appeared in Andromeda [by Gene Roddenberry - creator of Star Trek]. He was a baddy/goody where he played TWO characters, with one being an evil one and one a good one being taken over by the evil one. Cracking stuff.

I haven't seen Andromeda as I don't have access to CableTV/SkyTV :mad:

New season...I wish I knew, with us in the UK DVD (Volume 15 [4.05-4.08]) was just released last week. God knows when Season 5 is being released.

Is it true that they plan to do Season's 6 & 7..? (I bluddey hope so) :rambo:

Richard Dean Anderson is leaving though:

What are you looking forward to as the series moves toward its final year?

Anderson: What I'm looking forward to now that we've been picked up for a sixth year is that we're going to be able to arc the rest of O'Neill's story. But, as far as I'm concerned, it will definitely be my last year with the show.

From http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue228/interview.html

Darn right it wouldn't be the same. He's the funniest character in the series and so it wouldn't really work without him.

I suppose they "could" bring on another character but it just wouldn't be the same.

I don't think they would carry on without him. They have had a lot of series already, there would be no need to drag it out further and have to introduce a major new character.

NOT ALLOWED..! He cannot leave. I just phoned him up now and told him to stay and he said yes (i bluddey wish).

He is the best actor I've ever seen, he's my favourite person in the series.

Originally posted by PabUK

I wouldn't quite go THAT far but he is a necessary part of the show.

I admit - I exagerated a little bit there. Then again he doesn't plan to leave until season 6 is over. Maybe, he'll resign in his final episode or be killed somehow. I just hope they don't simply replace him and expect us not to notice.

Ahh I remember my favorite episode (have it on tape too!)..when T'ilq and O'Neil get stuck in that 6hr time loop. O'Neil starting off the loop with eating fruit loops..and poor T'ilq--a door in the face:disappoin LOL:P ..ahh..memories.

Just watch, they arnt going to kill O'Neil, just say that he likes a such and such planet and he's going to stay there..

..wait..is he leaving the show? or just stops acting, because..he is executive producer!

Originally posted by kintamanate

Ahh I remember my favorite episode (have it on tape too!)..when T'ilq and O'Neil get stuck in that 6hr time loop. O'Neil starting off the loop with eating fruit loops..and poor T'ilq--a door in the face:disappoin LOL:P ..ahh..memories.

Just watch, they arnt going to kill O'Neil, just say that he likes a such and such planet and he's going to stay there..

..wait..is he leaving the show? or just stops acting, because..he is executive producer!

I love that episode too (4.05 - Divide and Conquer). Even though it repeats itself - it's different every time. Teal'c then smashing the door into that little man was cool :rambo:

So far I have bought every episode available, the next one is DVD volume 16 (4.09-4.12) - I can't wait :rambo:

Originally posted by Torment

Does that mean he is staying on for Series 6 ?

so in actual fact there is series 5 & 6 left to come out ?

I think it means he is staying to do a series 6. Series 5 has already been and gone. Don't know where you are up to there but I think in the UK we have series 5 that started a few weeks ago.

Ahh I remember my favorite episode (have it on tape too!)..when T'ilq and O'Neil get stuck in that 6hr time loop. O'Neil starting off the loop with eating fruit loops..and poor T'ilq--a door in the face LOL ..ahh..memories.

LOL! That was great... and he didn't even hear the question the first time. :D It was a BRILLIANT episode.

Also, the one with the alien that disguises as a human with chemical was brilliant too.

That ok,

I'm from Australia and here on TV its up to Season 4 (well half way through it), although on DVD they are bringing out Season 2 in, in under a month.

Australia always gets things last ;P

But again, thats cool he is staying on for another season.