[NFL] John Lynch Draws NFL Season's First Fine

DENVER - John Lynch saw the next-day-mail envelope in his locker and he knew the news wasn't good.

The Broncos safety had the distinction of being the first player to draw a fine this season, when the NFL sent him a letter Wednesday demanding $7,500 for a hard hit on Chiefs receiver Dante Hall in the opener.

"I'm going to let the appeal process begin today," said Lynch, who has a reputation for being one of the hardest hitters at the hardest-hitting position in football.

FULL STORY

All this new ruling this year in the NFL (and some old) has brought out a lot of cry babies in the NFL. If I remember right, they don't call it "smash mouth football" for nothin'. It was a great hit.

It was a legal hit.. the refs blew a lot of calls in that game. Especially the first one when the Chiefs receiver fumbled the ball and the refs called him down and he was never touched, he fell down then got back up then fumbled when he got hit. Refs suck so far this year... Go Broncos! :D :) :D

I thought the hit was fair. He didn't hit him head to head. Also Hall, if I recall correctly, barely touched the ball right before he got hit.

It's not a matter of head to head, you cannot, by rule, lower your head and hit with the top of your helmet.

Yeah, he was flagged 15 yards for the hit.

,Sep 15 2004, 16:37] It was a legal hit.. the refs blew a lot of calls in that game. Especially the first one when the Chiefs receiver fumbled the ball and the refs called him down and he was never touched, he fell down then got back up then fumbled when he got hit. Refs suck so far this year... Go Broncos! :D :) :D

Doesn't suprise me this is coming from a Broncos fan

The hit was illegal...big time. Not only did he lead with his helmet, but the ball was well beyond the receiver. Hell, he had enough time to put his hands down before Lynch hit him. Completely unnecessary.