Bonds hits 700

He can still get 800hommers run.

Bond will play in 2005,2006,2007.

Too bad Ken Griffey Jr. did not get 600homers runs this year because of injury for couple years. Ken Griffey Jr. was the person to break Hank Arron record.

Yeah. I'm sick of him and this HR obsession. If he hits 2000 it won't matter, because we're all pretty certain he's on the juice.

Nope, it's just you and the few other haters.

I find it humorous no one attacks Clemens or Johnson for using roids, when they're still power pitchers at their age. Yet everyone attacks Bonds just because some paper reported that they thought there was a connection between Bonds and roids. Whatever. How hypocritical of you.

It doesn't bother me that people don't like him because of the way he USED to be...cocky, young. But HE isn't the one making a big deal about the home runs. It's espn, fox sports, and every baseball fan out there. At this point Bonds has said he will play next year. Who knows what will happen after that. He's also said he may not go for the record, so obviously he's not the one making a big deal about this thing. Like Chico said, you may never see a bigger accomplishment in sports history during your lifetime. This is equatable to someone beating Kareem's scoring record, the Bull's 70 win season, Dan Marino's total passing yards, Wilt's 100 pt game, Ricky Henderson's stolen bases in a season. NO ONE has hit the 700hr mark in 20 years, and before Aaron did it, it had been 40 years.

If you don't like the guy for some reason or another, that's fine. But don't go throwing in stuff that isn't true, like him being a jerk or that he's taking roids. My advice to you all...sit back and enjoy what is going on. If you don't, I GUARANTEE that you will regret it when you get older.

My advice to you all...sit back and enjoy what is going on. If you don't, I GUARANTEE that you will regret it when you get older.

I agree. Who cares if the guy is kind of cold. He happens to be the finest hitter that most of us will see in our lifetime and has some of the best work ethics in all of sports. He still gets to batting practice early everyday. Steroids or not the guy is a workhorse. And always remember: Ty Cobb was one of the greatest hitters of all time and people hated him with a passion that Bonds haters could never muster.

I agree. Who cares if the guy is kind of cold. He happens to be the finest hitter that most of us will see in our lifetime and has some of the best work ethics in all of sports. He still gets to batting practice early everyday. Steroids or not the guy is a workhorse. And always remember: Ty Cobb was one of the greatest hitters of all time and people hated him with a passion that Bonds haters could never muster.

Yeah. Let's look at it this way. He has over 200 walks, over 100 intentional this season. He is batting what, like .360. So he doesn't get many pitches to hit, yet he still has as many homers as he does. If he was actually getting pitched to, he would be at astronomical numbers.

If you don't like the guy for some reason or another, that's fine.  But don't go throwing in stuff that isn't true, like him being a jerk or that he's taking roids.

Well said (Y) and agrees with you 100%. If you dont have proof to accuse him of taking drugs, stop talking about it.

Also, I am waiting for Ichiro to break the consecutive hits record held since 1920. That is also something to talk about besides the fact that he broke the single season record for most singles ever also set in the '20s - 1927 to be precise.

Greatest player ever...not! Steroids are a hell of a drug.

No, I think it's 'cocaine is a helluva drug :p

Good for Bonds. It's about time they actually pitched to him.