Does WindowBlinds Slow your system or make it unstable?

I have tried Windows Blinds on Win 98 and ME and it seemed to make my system slow and unstable. :s

Can I ask People using Window Blinds with XP, What is your eXPerience? :ermm:

Well, the good thing is that WindowsBlindsXP didn't make WinXP unstable (nothing does :-D), the bad point is that the skins are based on the classicwindows skin, but they indeed slowdown the system, even when one's not using a WindowsBlinds skin!

WindowBlinds does slow down the pc on 98/ME I noticed also.

I only have 64mb of ram, and I believe it requires quite a bit.

Have you tried running WB without anything running?

Or are you using it with other things like ICQ, Winamp?

This site is amazing!

Keep up the good work Neowin!

WindowsBlinds is rubbish. The skins for the XP version are the same as the old 9x version and it OBVIOUSLY slows down your system. Basically, stick with the themes that come with XP until some better official ones are released.

PS - I have WindowsBlinds on another computer right now and it crashed like 5 times straight after installing it. It really is a piece of junk you can live with out, but my brother seems to like it... he ALSO has DesktopX on with the Linux KDE theme.

Windows blinds beta for xp give a 30-280% performance boost.

And yes it works and it dont crash the system or makes it slow.

Besides xp is based on a older version of windowsblinds.

To bad its sucks when it comes to performance.

The beta has ofcourse some work left, but i find it to be more faster then using the one that comes with xp.

TweakXp

I've tried using WindowBlinds on Windows 2000 before and yes it does slow my system but luckily my computer survives with no crashes. I haven't tried the WindowBlinds XP yet but anyway if the final release comes out I will reconsider using it again :)

I think I don't need to use WindowBlinds, I like the way my desktop feels now...with the standard blue XP theme, well at least until an year or so, then got to find the alternative :D.

Ever since I have installed the WindowBlinds 3 beta, my system has crashed 3 times so far. I am more than likely going to uninstall it until the final version is released.

Yeah that is sometimes become the question....before the XP is on my computer I use anything to make my computer looks like WinXP by installing Window blinds, icon packager and desktop X ..but performance is not really good....even though I have 320 MB of RAM.

Originally posted by Giant

Windows blinds beta for xp give a 30-280% performance boost.

And yes it works and it dont crash the system or makes it slow.

Besides xp is based on a older version of windowsblinds.

To bad its sucks when it comes to performance.

The beta has ofcourse some work left, but i find it to be more faster then using the one that comes with xp.

TweakXp

It seems that most don't care for Window Blinds but Giant seems to like it:ponder:

-Does He work for them??? :D

There are a few skins that take advantage of the Luna interface, but they bog down your system. The only one that I really like that does not bog down your system is the Whistler skin. It also skins the start menu/taskbar using the Visual Styles API included in XP.

Nope i dont work for "them" i just giving you facts both from various pages and myself.

Windowsblinds never crashed for me. Neither did it slow my system down or made it unstable.

Guess i'm lucky perhaps.

For the time being i'm using the old good w2k layout in xp.

And i'm looking forward to the final release of windowsblinds.

I used WB at work and how no problems at all. SO, when I bought my new Dell 1 Gig 2 months ago, I bought into the whole Desktop X thing (includes window blinds). Now, if I try to use almost any of the programs (WB, Weblinds, WindowsFX, etc), my PC freezes, usually with a stack overflow, but often with the desktop freezing. I have 32 meg of video (NVidia video card) and am using WinME (piece of cr@p!). Currently, I use icon packager only from the whole schmeel as it doesn't require any graphics interface. The rest you can toss down the t01let!:right: