Virtual PC for OS X Questions

1. Can the XP in the virtual PC recognise firewire, usb, CDRW and DVD when run on iBook Mac?

2. Can I shift files from Virtual PC running XP straight into the MAc OS 9.2 or OS X on an iBook?

thats because a MAC OS X file system or MAC OS 9.2 Supports FAT32 which is a Windows compatible File System, but, Intel AMD WINDOWS file systems do not support MAC Systems cuz thier system is built into MAC only hardware

ok well as i know microcode solutions (microcode-solutions.com) is working on such a program known as a ppc emulator, they are suppoisdly working on a hardware and software only version , so far the developer has come on comment boards saying the hardware version uses a pci card with two SODIMM slots and an actual g3 processor, one of them has a 1ghz g3 on it (yes it is exsistent, ibm makes it its called the ppc 750 fx) however it was due out at mac world tokyo and due to hardware problems on the mac side i belive (this pci card works in a mac or a pc) its been pushed back, but hopefully we will see os x on pc's sometime soon.

I agree with Rudy...It SEEMS that it would be possible to create a program for PC that would do this....That would be awesome...

However, I wouldn't think that this sort of thing hasn't been thought of before...Especially by companies such as VMWARE and the like...Such a product would be a major development...Oh by the way I sent e-mail to Apple asking if they were developing an OS for PC :)...It was along the lines of..."Rumor has it that you guys are working on a build of OS X (or later) for PC...Is this true? You wouldn't believe the amount of people who actually believe that you guys are working on that right now!" I got a response. "It is not Apple's policy to give information on our development except via news briefs. You can check those at http://blah." Oh well I tried :)

yeah but with hardware involved itll run so much better since your not really emulating much , your using the actual g3 processor which will make things run better, lets just hope its out soon

• 2 years later...

I beleive that it is *illegal* according to the Mac OS X EULA to run the OS on any hardware not created by Apple.

That being said, I'm sure all of you have seen the PPC emulator PearPC news everywhere anyway. I'd personally go for that hardware solution. That sounds cool.

1. Can the XP in the virtual PC recognise firewire, usb, CDRW and DVD when run on iBook Mac?<br />

<br />

2. Can I shift files from Virtual PC running XP straight into the MAc OS 9.2 or OS X on an iBook?

1. Yes, For USB, not firewire. You can access CDs and DVDs, but not burn them.

2. Yes, if you use Fat32 for windows or use networking.