K700i, need help

Hey,

I own the Sony Errcison K700i, got it yesterday, so good so far, but have a small problem, it has vodafone live on it, how do i get rid of it? do i need to flash the memeroy or what?

Thanks, Tim

No way to remove either I'm afraid - most of the complaints I get about the K700i is in regard to the shortcuts being removed and the branding on the menus.

As far as I can see tho, its still one of the best phones :)

You can't as of yet..... The vodafone K700 loses a lot of functionality, such as mp3 ringtone playback ...bummer. I have a non branded K700 :)

By the way, there will be an online update service for the k700, no need to take it to the service centre to upgrade the firmware.

Link

You'll need a docking station from the P800 / P900 to do it. Currently doesn't support Voda / Orange phones, but it is coming!

The generic firmware update from SE does NOT support Orange phones, and should NOT be attempted to be done at home. It's in your service agreement that you shouldn't perform firmware upgrades yourself - they should be done with a qualified centre. If you do attempt to flash your Orange branded phone yourself, and you stuff it up, you're screwed. Orange will simply tell you to read over your agreement, and buy a new phone.

However, 90% of Orange shops around the UK have the latest firmware ready to upgrade your handset. Not sure about Vodafone yet, i'm sure they're not far behind.

Ok, will there be any Firmware updates for Vodafone K700i? and will it come from that site i posted?

Also, who would flash the memory,

Is a usb cable and software the only thing needed to do it?

Thanks, Tim

I know, but i just want to know this:

Ok, will there be any Firmware updates for Vodafone K700i? and will it come from that site i posted?

Thanks, Tim

I know, but i just want to know this:

Thanks, Tim

I think the vodafone branded k700i can be flashed on the website, and it will be flashed to voda's R2V firmware (the normal one is R2L, i think v here stands for vodafone) and u need DSS-20 or DSS-25 which come with later P800 or P900.

As the firmware don't take my words, as I only read it from other thread.

Anyways good luck