Techtv: Xbox games are on FIRE!

techtv just reported that xbox games are being sold 1.65 times more than playstation 2 games in Europe and Japan where consoles sales are slow, they say that when a person buys an xbox he buys more games after buying the console than when a person buys a PS2. 1.65 times more...and techtv says that Xbox game Halo reached 1 million games sold faster than any Gamecube or PS2 game ever.

doesn't change the fact that america is really they're only place for this machine

ps1 outsold it in japan; a crutial market for them in terms of sales. and the only reason people but it with more games is becuase it is higher priced, if you can afford the system, chances are you can afford a lot of games and accesories too. either that or the bundle crap which messes with these things anyways...

oh, and can we get some stats? :D

Japan is a crucial market for Microsoft, but they expected the console to do badly at the start, it is more of a long term plan in Japan and Europe. But none the less the fact that Xbox games are selling more than PS2 games and Gamecube games is good news.

and the only reason people but it with more games is becuase it is higher priced, if you can afford the system, chances are you can afford a lot of games and accesories too.

This is probably true, but is it not so that the Xbox is very cheap in Japan (i am not certain but i think it retails at $184).

1.65 times more sales.... why? because the game son xbox have horrible replay value... I hvae bought 4 games for PS2 and have not yet got bored of any of them (GT3, GTA3, Metal Gear Solid:2, tony hawk 3)... so really, the amount of games people buy doesn't depend on the console, rather the quality of games that are available.

The better the game, the longer you play it, the less games you "Need"

The better the game, the longer you play it, the less games you "Need"
That statement is not entirely true, i bought Jedi Knight 2 recently and it is an amazing game but after you finish it you want something new.
1.65 times more sales.... why? because the game son xbox have horrible replay value

I don't totaly agree on this one either, after you finish a game like Halo you can play it again and again and if you get bored of the single player you can play online against other people. I don't know about the majority of people but i find games like GTA3 so repetitive, it is all very exciting at the beginning but after a while it just gets repetitive, there is nothing new to do except jack cars and run over people.

the only reason they are selling is becuase they are new there. wait a month they will drop like a frozen turd.

xbox will never succeed anywhere but the usa. its doomed :p

begin flaming me for not being a xbox fan boy.

no twist that is not entirely true, the techtv talk meant that even though people didnt show interest in the xbox consoles than the ones buying new ps2 and the gamecube, but the ones who did show interest bought 1.65 more games in each xbox sold, meaning if you have all consoles with same number of consoles sold, then xbox games will be nearly 2 times more sold than ps2 or gamecube