Europe WIN the Ryder Cup

Oakland Hills Country Club, Bloomfield township, Michigan, USA

USA 9.5 Europe 18.5

Well done to the European team for pulling off such an outstanding feat. To beat the Americans on their home soil is one thing, but to beat them so convincingly is just amazing.

Congrats to Colin montgomerie for dropping the winning putt, and also to all the other guys in the team who contributed!!

Pete

well, i watched a lot on sat and sun, tried to stay positive, and pull for the americans, but damn, europeans were just too good. i don't know why we were ever called the favorites.

If it had been the other way round, there would have been literally hundreds of threads on this topic.

Actually, not too many people watch golf. I know I never watched golf apart from the ESPNEWS highlights. If it were the other way around, I'm sure there would only be a few more posts and that's about it.

actually, the most posts about golf @ neowin was when mike weir won the masters i think it was. all the canadians were posting like crazy ;)

i really wish i was back home in michigan, i could've gotten tix to see this...

well, i watched a lot on sat and sun, tried to stay positive, and pull for the americans, but damn, europeans were just too good. i don't know why we were ever called the favorites.

Thats because the Americans had more players in the top 10 golf rankings.

Fantastic achievement for Europe. :yes:

Cant wait for the next one. Where is the next one by the way?

but don't people know by now that the best players doesn't mean anything? look at USA basketball...

The next one, in 2006, is at the K Club, Republic of Ireland. Just imagine the support McGinley and Harrington will get if they qualify again!!

Pete