Mouse Shadow

I have been running the final code of xp for 3 weeks now. For somone reson today my mouse shadow disapeared. Anyone know how to get it back. Now its just an ugly windows98 looking cursor instead of the nice xp shadow :(

To show shaddows under mouse pointers:

1. Right-click on "My Computer" and click properties.
  2. Click on the "Advanced" tab
  3. In the performance box, click on "Settings"
  4. Under the "Visual Effects" tab check "Custom"

You will now be able to choose what visual setting you wish to enable. Make sure you check "Show shaddows under mouse pointer" ;)

Good luck :)

It is often lost when you choose "Adjust for best perfromance". This also gets rid of a few other nice features. Personally, even though a mouse shadow is the least important thing ever it's really noticable when you don't have it. LOL.

Speaking of digital effects, does anyone actually leave the menu shadows on? I don't know if it was just my system but they slowed things down really badly. Opening my huge favorites menu in IE for instance took several seconds. Much better off without it.

I think the only problem i have with that shadow is in Office XP. It's sometimes runs really slow but my other menus run good. That lil thing that hide the options that you don't use, when you click that down arrow it's slow to go all the way.

I have MAJOR problems with shadows too. They load really quick but take AGES to disappear. It's TOTALLY related to drivers on my TNT2 as I have had it to work fine on older drivers.

I just tried menu shadows again for the first time in ages. Although it was faster than before, it still took about a second for a large menu to appear whereas without the shadow it is instant.