[MLB] Lawsuit emerges over Bond's 700 HR ball

i saw that yesterday, it's so stupid.

whoever ends up with it ends up with it. it's a scrambe to the end. you can't be like "it was under my leg! i had it first!" thats such BS if you ask me.

i cant wait to see how much the ball really costs in value

You mean how much he makes off of it? I'd be surprised if it gets anywhere near $200,000, to be honest... I'm expecting maybe $50-$60,000.

Why do they keep clogging up the courts with garbage like this? There are other cases that are more important than a dispute of a homerun ball.

agree 100%

did you read what the guy said? it's so dumb..something like he had possession by trapping it under his leg...

bunch of BS...

I think it would be better to give the ball to the Hall of Fame so everyone can see it. Who knows how long it will take for someone else hit 700 home runs.

I think it would be better to give the ball to the Hall of Fame so everyone can see it. Who knows how long it will take for someone else hit 700 home runs.

700 HR's isn't that special. 714 and 715 is what matters now.

I hope it ends up like the 73rd ball. After court appearances and such, they make them split the proceeds.

One dude lost money out of it because iof his attorney fees. For a baseball hit by a chump.:laugh:h:

Why split it? The guy suing didn't have it!:blink:k:

Why split it? The guy suing didn't have it! :blink:

So they can get it over with. Idiots filing these type of lawsuits should be sued by the courts in return for wasting their time.

Yes, I understand, but why should the guy split something with someone who has no right to the other half? I mean, if anyone else in those stands who fought for the ball got wind of it they'd probably sue, too.