[MLB] Cubs' postseason chances are now 99% gone

we have to keep hoping for the cubs. i want them to go to the post season and and onto the world series to beat the bosox. we deserve a cubbie/bosox world series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a mets fan and seeing the cubs loose 2? to the mets thats just sad the mets are doing horrible and those two games shouldve been for sure wins for the cubbies yet another failure for them cubs

what happens if there's a 4 way tie for wildcard?

i remember there was a 2 way tie between cubs and giants a few years back...do they go off of head to head record? or they just played the 1 game tiebreak?

I'm crossing my fingers my Cardinals will go all the way. I have been hoping for a

Cards/Yankees series since the 64 series!

Yeah, I'm THAT old!

:alien:

Giants will go in as the Wild Card and if they do, expect them in the World Series. Their pitching has rejuvenated out of nowhere and their offense is coming through and not relying on Bonds.

A couple of my friends went to the game today and coming from a Sox fan, I think the Cubs played a great game.

White Sox in 2005! :p

Shut up A-hole.

ha. just playin,

The cubs still have a chance but its gonna be a whole lot harder because ther are 2 other teams in contention also.

BTW, cubs had a tiebreaker game with San Fran when they tied for wild card.(Its a one-game outcome)

yeah, but we have a possibility for like a 3 way tie. then what?

so does anyone know, is it based on head to head meetings at all? or is it simply record based, and then a tiebreak game?

If there is a tie, say between the Dodgers, Giants, and Cubs. First tiebreaker would be between the Dodgers and Giants to see who would win the NL West Division. Then the winner would play the Cubs for the wildcard spot. And since the Giants won the coin toss, they would get home field advantage should the situation arise. :)

I'm going to Saturday's Astros game. I'm pumped and ready for the Wildcard!! We got the Rockies, Cubs got the Braves, and Giants play the Dodgers. On paper it would look like we hae the easiest games, but we don't play the games on paper. GO 'STROS!!!

yeah, i don't know what went wrong. if last year just went to our heads, maybe they just expected to make it there, and this time not choke, but we forgot to get there first...or if it was the injuries....

on paper we have the best team in baseball....our 5th starter has 300 wins...we have how many guys with 30+ homeruns, 4?

man, i'm so depressed...i've been sulking around all day...

and just for the record, i've been a cub fan since i was about 6 or whenever i figured out what baseball was....

at least we'll be back out of the spotlight like usual, and all the bandwagon fans from last year will leave us alone...

:cry: