Delete, Paste, Mark All, and Clear Marked

Drag and drop single item between Classes

Thanks James (Wiredbits)! :)

ACM.zip:

Added:

? NirCmd v1.81

? Office 12

? iTunes 6

The 2 stop commands from the iTunes 6 icon (Stop iPodService & Stop iTunesHelper) use NirCmd.

-> copy NirCmd.* (included in ACM.zip) to your Windows or System32 directory.

Updated Post #1:

New version of SCCU (v1.08) - changelog:

added:

Item Edit to menus with:

Cut, Copy from one class to another

Delete, Paste, Mark All, and Clear Marked

Drag and drop single item between Classes

Thanks James (Wiredbits)! :)

ACM.zip:

Added:

? NirCmd v1.81

? Office 12

? iTunes 6

The 2 stop commands from the iTunes 6 icon (Stop iPodService & Stop iTunesHelper) use NirCmd.

-> copy NirCmd.* (included in ACM.zip) to your Windows or System32 directory.

Hi

hey it was my fun to :D it :D . I think I get more out of it than us:woot::woot:

If anyone has a problem or question yell, if no answer in forum then email me...i space out forums now and again.

thanks

Jim

Thanks for all your hard work Herby, absolutely priceless. I'm having one tiny problem though. All my new textless icons work except My Computer. It opens the my computer explorer fine and the right click menu all work but the icon is the default white page icon that is used for unrecognized file types. I can't figure out why. I've tried all of the different My Computer .reg files and none solve it. I would try playing with Shell Object Explorer but the site is down. Any ideas?

This one awesome prog that I found called Autohide Icons(http://www.geocities.com/autohide_hompage/Autohide.htm) is totally compatible with these textless icons! To find out more about Autohide Icons, go to http://www.virtualplastic.net/msgboard/thr...um=0&thread=737.

Gotta love VP (VirtualPlastic). :D

This thread has been on VP's front page last year. :)

? ?post-20663-1138200516_thumb.jpg

Autohide is a great little app.:yes:s:

Thanks for all your hard work Herby, absolutely priceless. I'm having one tiny problem though. All my new textless icons work except My Computer. It opens the my computer explorer fine and the right click menu all work but the icon is the default white page icon that is used for unrecognized file types. I can't figure out why. I've tried all of the different My Computer .reg files and none solve it. I would try playing with Shell Object Explorer but the site is down. Any ideas?

You can edit the reg file (DefaultIcon key):[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5000-0000-0000-000000000002}\DefaultIcon]

@="C:\\WINDOWS\\Explorer.exe,0"b>

Or you can change the icon with Shell Object Editor (attachment) -> right click and select Expert Mode.Edit:b> They changed the location of Shell Object Editor, I've updated Post #1, thanks!

ShellObjectEditor.zip

Edited by Herby

Nevermind. I figured out what the problem was. Turns out the registry key was pointing to C:\\... when in actuality my Windows folder is on my G:\\... drive. Woops, dumb mistake. How my system drive ended up as G is a long story you don't want to know haha.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the guide :) I was always curious about Icons without any text, never knew you could do that untill now.

You're welcome & welcome to Neowin! :)

=======================================================

I've updated ACM_Dock.zip (Post #1) with the new Icons & updated the ReadMe.

? ?post-20663-1139245331.jpg

+ I've posted a little tutorial for RocketDock @ the Tips and Tricks section.

THis is just great so thanks a lot for your time, i have a few questions though:

How can i add harddrives to the desktop?

and can i open my dvd drive (as a folder for browsing its content) by double clicking on it? When i do that i just get a dialogue telling me about the Autorun.

:rolleyes:

THis is just great so thanks a lot for your time, i have a few questions though:

How can i add harddrives to the desktop?

and can i open my dvd drive (as a folder for browsing its content) by double clicking on it? When i do that i just get a dialogue telling me about the Autorun.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}]
"InfoTip"="Local Disk C:\"
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\Shell32.dll,8"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\00]
@="(C:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\00\Command]
@="explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{00000000-7001-0000-0000-000000000002}]

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}]
"InfoTip"="Local Disk D:\"
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\Shell32.dll,8"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\00]
@="(D:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\00\Command]
@="explorer.exe /n, /e, D:\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=hex:00,00,00,00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{00000000-7002-0000-0000-000000000002}]

This works the same for DVD drives. :)

Been watching this for weeks but tried it only today. It is awsome.

Can we have icons for Yahoo Messenger?

I'm glad you like it :happy: I've added it to my to-do list!

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks + my to-do list is quite long, depending on your patience levels, you can try to create it with SCCU (see info on Post #1). ;)

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks + my to-do list is quite long, depending on your patience levels, you can try to create it with SCCU (see info on Post #1).

I did customize a lot of the tweak to suite my taste. What i coud not do was make those expandable hex entries . i do not understand them. Can you just guide me as to how to open a folder through the right click shell entry ? I want to know what should i enter in place of x in order to open a folder.

command - @="x"

I guess will have to wait for you. Enjoy your vacation.

I did customize a lot of the tweak to suite my taste. What i coud not do was make those expandable hex entries . i do not understand them. Can you just guide me as to how to open a folder through the right click shell entry ? I want to know what should i enter in place of x in order to open a folder.

command - @="x"

I guess will have to wait for you. Enjoy your vacation.

Thanks! :)

I edit the expandable string values with regedit and export them.

Open a folder: @="explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\\Windows\\"

For more info, have a look at the Tutorial.

edit the expandable string values with regedit and export them.Open a folder: @="explorer.exe /n, /e, C:\\Windows\\"For more info, have a look at the Tutorial.

I do not want the Explorer pane open!!! Any way it can be done? Please help me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to this site and I have read most of the post on "Desktop icon without text" but I am having trouble with the "Clear Temp" command from the Recycle Bin. what i want to do is add a batch file that clean the "My Recent Documents" that i have in my "%Userprofile%\My document" and a command that cleans the "Prefetch folder" onto the Recycle BIn contextmenuhandlers. I have tried to add the batch file to the "clear Temp" command with removes all Temp files on the new recycle_bin.zip as follow: @="cmd.exe /C del /S /F /Q C:\\windows\\Temp\\*.* && cmd.exe /C /S /F /Q C:\\windows\\Prefetch\\*.* && cmd.exe /C Start /S /F /Q C:"%Userprofile%\My Documents\\Cleanrecent.bat" but for some reason this dont work.. Does anyone know how to add those two command on the recycle bin folder to make it work?

I need to add the clean "Prefetch folder and to run a batch file on the recycle bin contextmenuhandler....

Hi,.. I'm back! :D

My contribution to the community:

Steam Games list: :woot:

Thanks,.. I'll add it to the first post. :)

I do not want the Explorer pane open!!! Any way it can be done? Please help me :)

Like wiredbits said: remove /e, :yes:

Awesome! I've been trying to figure out how to remove the text from the icons for ages.

Very nice... keep up the good work.

Thanks! :happy:

Hi. I'm new to this site and I have read most of the post on "Desktop icon without text" but I am having trouble with the "Clear Temp" command from the Recycle Bin. what i want to do is add a batch file that clean the "My Recent Documents" that i have in my "%Userprofile%\My document" and a command that cleans the "Prefetch folder" onto the Recycle BIn contextmenuhandlers. I have tried to add the batch file to the "clear Temp" command with removes all Temp files on the new recycle_bin.zip as follow: @="cmd.exe /C del /S /F /Q C:\\windows\\Temp\\*.* && cmd.exe /C /S /F /Q C:\\windows\\Prefetch\\*.* && cmd.exe /C Start /S /F /Q C:"%Userprofile%\My Documents\\Cleanrecent.bat" but for some reason this dont work.. Does anyone know how to add those two command on the recycle bin folder to make it work?

I need to add the clean "Prefetch folder and to run a batch file on the recycle bin contextmenuhandler....

Welcome to Neowin!

When you use variables like %UserProfile% %ProgramFiles% and %WinDir%, you'll have to use an Expandable String Value (see Tutorial & attached zip).

You can edit the value with regedit.

cmd.exe /c cd "%WinDir%\Temp\" && del *.* /f /q && (for /d %%a in (*) do rd "%%a" /q /s) && cd "%WinDir%\Prefetch\" && del *.* /f /q && Start "%Userprofile%\My Documents\Cleanrecent.bat"

The for - do part removes the sub directories. :)

ClearTemp.zip

Edited by Herby

Hi, I would like to have menus when I click items on my RK Launcher dock... but I can't find the part explaining this. The Tutorial is all about the Registry, creating textless icons and adding commands to it... but no info about contextmenus for Docks.

It does say on the first post this is possible.. :unsure:

Hi, I would like to have menus when I click items on my RK Launcher dock... but I can't find the part explaining this. The Tutorial is all about the Registry, creating textless icons and adding commands to it... but no info about contextmenus for Docks.

It does say on the first post this is possible.. :unsure:

-> _ReadMe.txt inside ACM_Dock.zip. :)