college football nu vs. osu

ok, i'm not into sports and i've never posted here, but northwestern university just had a great game last night against ohio state. osu was expected to win (they're ranked 6), but we somehow maintained the lead and won. we rushed the field, went to party at a pub downtown, and then there was an afterparty with all my friends at a friend's place.

did anyone catch the game? or does anyone care? haha.

go purple!

yeah, i watched it too....

i figured OSU had the comeback in them, just like they always do....

quite a shock....

i was hoping OSU would stay undefeated until we played them ;)

i really dont care about sports at all, i think theyre a waste of time, but im partial to OSU b/c im from Columbus and my parents and sister went there... they should have won, yes, but thats typical OSU for you... choke when theyre expected to win... i think they get cocky... their game against marshall they only one by a fieldgoal at the last second.. stupid.

but osu lost to us, which is really funny, since we're not that good.

they had a huge fanbase on campus. it was nuts. like a thousand reds and maybe a few hundred of us purples. at least that's what it looked like to me while i was pigging out at the tailgate party.

brochaos, michigan will beat us for sure. :D

I saw the game from start to finish. I didn't think NU would hold out after halftime and after blowing their 10 point lead at the end. Once OSU's kicker missed the FG in OT, I was sure they would win.

Nice to see the underdogs win :D

yeah, that pretty much put an end to nugents heisman run. i couldn't believe he missed it.

i've seen him kick 60yarders in person during warmup, he's amazing...

I went to the game and the atmosphere was just amazing. I'm pretty sure there were more OSU fans at the stadium than NU, but I thought we made our presence felt.

Offtopic, what are you doing now dreamz? I thought you were done and graduated?...

a lot of the top 15 is overrated. WVU and LSU come to mind. it's too early in the season, they are just being ranked off how they finished last year.

a lot of the top 15 is overrated. WVU and LSU come to mind. it's too early in the season, they are just being ranked off how they finished last year.

Well, LSU is now #24. And after this coming weekend against Florida they will be out of the top 25 ;)

I wish you guys hadn't beaten them...I'm at Wisconsin, and frankly the LAST thing we need next week is to face a recently beaten Ohio team that STILL wants our blood on the floor. Hell, its bad enought we have to play Purdue the week after, you guys just made our life harder. Bah...

i watched happily, im tired of seeing OSU win so ugly. Good game for northwestern :)

Me too, I was rooting for NW. I'm was so tired of seeing OSU win by only a touchdown or less.

a lot of the top 15 is overrated.  WVU and LSU come to mind.  it's too early in the season, they are just being ranked off how they finished last year.

With the way WVU has been playing, they are overrated. We are top 5 playing level when our damn team shows up, but they haven't showed up yet. Look at it this way- WVU played like total ass and still had a chance to win the game vs VT. Lots of things need to be done regarding team discipline, its rediculous.

Oh well. I'll take the Big East BCS bid.

--

But yes. Watching tOSU get beat was one of the sweetest sights ever.

I went to the game and the atmosphere was just amazing. I'm pretty sure there were more OSU fans at the stadium than NU, but I thought we made our presence felt.

Offtopic, what are you doing now dreamz? I thought you were done and graduated?...

i'm still around. i got a job in skokie, so i'm working there during the week, but since i still live in evanston (hinman/main), i go up to campus every week to hang out with my friends. you should come by my place sometime, man. :)

How about this weekend? So many games between top 25 teams, they're making me drool :drool:

hehe, i took over you spot in the college pick'em poll ;)

only 12 points to be won this week...

hehe, i took over you spot in the college pick'em poll ;)

only 12 points to be won this week...

By one miserable point :wacko:

Take a look at the games for the weekend. So hard to choose! :s