Enterprise...

22 members have voted

1. 1. Enterprise...

• Yes
    • NO!!!
    • wtf is Real Video?

I've been thinking, Some of you who download the episodes from me are on dial up.. a 147MB divx file is still rather large for dial up, So.. I was thinking about also offering it in Real Video format... I can get it down to 60mb an episode, without losing that much quality. What do you guys think?

Enterprise begins the era of Star Trek. The story took place 150 years from now and 100 years before James T Kirk. I think that the technology showcased on the first Enterprise episode seems reasonable (note there are many plasma TVs on the bridge :) )

The first Enterprise ship is not advanced as the Voyager anyway but the Enterprise ship view (exterior and interior) is whole lot better than the original Star Trek ship. Seems rather puzzling :D

another interesting codec is bing - u can make self exes with that i think - its v good - it was used for the 'Duke Nukem Forever' trailer and is used by a lot of games companies

What? Real Video? So you mean all this time all i've been seeing is Fake Video? Damn.. well i guess i better get that then huh. Syke!! I hate real.. WMA & WMV for me anyday!! I wish real video would get phased out cuz it's not keeping up with MS. Real Video 8 sux compared to Media 8. Sometimes when a site has something that I wanna see but they only have it in Real or Quicktime i saw f*ck it and just try finding the audio or video somewhere else. I don't even wanna bother to install it and then uninstall it when it's done!:rambo:

I would rather use RealPlayer Plus to view streaming video rather than Windows Media Player since streaming video will not work properly! Trust me! I have tried it and it wouldn't work!

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

the sound is v good for the filesize i think - did u use wma or mp3 when u were encoding it?

actually, what i used was a codec only included with DivX 3.11 for some reason, it's called "DivX Audio" (go figure) it's encoded at 64k which appears to be very near cd quality (if not cd quality itself, I can't say because I don't have the best sound system)

I HATE RealVideo [more specifically RealPlayer]. 147mb is perfect for me and I'm only on 64k... it takes me less than a day. As long as you do DivX as well I will ALWAYS want to download that version [i'd never download a VCD version though].

Also, if RealVideo uses Real sound as well then that's another reason to avoid it as that is very tinny. Sound is important to me because when I play the videos I shove it through my stereo's speakers or through my headphones [high quality] which makes bad / inferior sound more apparent.

I've been thinking, Some of you

As long as it's only for "some" of us, and you still offer a DivX version you're still my bestest buddy. :cheeky:

I uninstall realplayer if it is ever installed on my machine - I personally hate it to be honest.

There is another option, I mean DivX 4.1 has a higher compression rate than DivX 3.1, and you could always use WinRar aswell. I noticed you use WinRar but what codec do you use..?

Anyways - there is an alternative...here goes...

What if there are other people in here who has an FTP server installed, that way those who do can store the episodes on theres aswell, and work out a compression routine. Such as, the original user adds a seperate text file stating how many parts there are and what they should be, then people can download them and add them to their server - this way users have the option of who to download them from, that way if one goes down then there's always an option...or for speed.

Sounds complicating - but it could work.

My brother ripped a DVD the other day using DivX 4 and it's very good. If you can rip it to DivX 4 and that makes it smaller I'm sure most people here already have the DivX 4 codec.

Hey I got the first episode from you.. Blue or Blow something.. I like it but didn't come home in time on either days (wed or sun) to see it. Does anyone have a DIVX of this second episode? or a WMV? I'd really love it thanx:D :smart:

The first episode is Broken Bow. The second episode is Fight or Flight and is on the same FTP server.

If you can't get onto EmuZombie's FTP then grab KaZaa and type in "Fight or Flight". There are several versions, hover over them for a description... one says that it misses the first 30 seconds so avoid that one.

The third episode is "Stange New World" [Episode number 104] and has yet to be released. A trailer appears on KaZaa also.

At the time of posting, KaZaa is down. An IDENTICAL program [different name... same files] is available: Grokster.

Grokster is just a clone of KaZaa, it is the same version, has the same files, is the same program but different pictures, and can't be run at the same time as KaZaa [because it's the same program with only a few changes].

mov is absolute crap - those stupid looking horizontal lines that appear in areas of stark contrasting colours when there's too much movement....

It ****es me off thatr whenever u get a 'multimedia' special edition music CD with videos, it always uses MOV files so Mac users can see it, they should provide both because quicktime sux.

The Manic Street Preachers had a CD with mov and mpeg - that's how it should be done.

I hate *.mov file anyway (eats memory) but Divx the best format and yet very clear picture (especially from DVD rips encoded into Divx format) :D

Yeah - ITNNews site uses streaming RAM videos. .MOV are quite common but I'm glad to see people are finally starting to see DivX as a legitimate video form and not just for pirates. Quake: The Movie was released a while back in DivX form, but I didn't get it. Anyone got a link to it [NOT on crappy Fileplanet]? It's like 180mb.