(Soccer) FIFA World Player of The Year

Its that time again of who should be FIFA World Player of the Year 2004 and i was just wondering who you think should be crowned the title...Zinedine Zidane was crowned it last year...

Wayne Rooney has been shortlisted for the Fifa World Player of the Year award which will be decided in December.

Rooney, 18, is one of 10 players from the 35 contenders who play their football in the Premiership.

The teenager's Manchester United team-mates Ruud van Nistelrooy, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs have also been nominated for the prestigious honour.

Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, David Beckham and Michael Owen are also on the list.

_40126382_roonster203.jpg

I think it should be Cristiano Ronaldo because he has become a better player and has matured well at united.

i'd like to see ronaldinho to win this trophy or luis figo. both been outstanding in a way. ronaldinho did magic with barca while figo lead portugal to the euro2004 finals

but please not thierry henry. because quite frankly i don't like him while agreeing he's one of the best footballers now

my vote for Thierry Henry...Steve Lampard did well too for Chelsea, lmao what are all these Real Madrid players doing at that list? they played like **** last year, and this year still.

my vote for Thierry Henry...Steve Lampard did well too for Chelsea, lmao what are all these Real Madrid players doing at that list? they played like **** last year, and this year still.

steve lampard i thought it was frank.

henry will win it.

Hey dud were is Raul Gonzales Blanco from the Real Madrid.... he doesnt have a realy good season but he is a legend... and i think the best player of the year was Ronaldino Gaucho or Zinedine Zidane

I seriously think Deco should win this trophy. He led Porto to the UEFA Cup and Champions League title in consecutive years along with two Portuguese league titles, two Portugal Cup trophies, and two Portuguese Super Cups in one year. In the Euro, he was one of the best midfielders. He is now in Barcelona and already has two goals in two games in the Champions League.

He is a player with class.

I absolutely hate Deco, little ****ing mardy baby, everytime someone came near him in EURO 2004 he went to ground and won a freekick, he winds me up sooo much, Ronaldo also, (still scarred from the Potrugal/England match, :p)

I guess C.Ronaldo should be in the top 3...not sure who should be first though.

However, your english and you used the term soccer. Thats something you need to be extrodited for.

I seriously think Deco should win this trophy. He led Porto to the UEFA Cup and Champions League title in consecutive years along with two Portuguese league titles, two Portugal Cup trophies, and two Portuguese Super Cups in one year. In the Euro, he was one of the best midfielders. He is now in Barcelona and already has two goals in two games in the Champions League.

He is a player with class.

wow a FC Porto fan in the USA? :p

I think that Ronaldinho should win the trophy... that guy is just outstanding :happy:

I am a Man Utd fan so obivously think those Utd players should be up there, but as much as this hurts to say, I think Henry will win it. Although he did nothing in Euro 2004, what he has done at Arsenal still makes me sick :x ! He is by far their best asset, even though i hate him, cannot doubt his quality! :(

I think world player of the year should be between:

Thierry Henry Consistently amazing, should have won the award last year.

Christiano Ronaldo By far Portugals best player, Deco isn't good enough to tie his laces!

Wayne Rooney The other outstanding player of Euro 2004 but maybe a little eary for this award, next year perhaps.

Ronaldinho Hasn't achieved a great deal recently but has more skill than anyone else on this planet.

Personally I would give it to C. Ronaldo but think Tierry will pip him.

The guru has spoken!

zidane won it last year and 2 times before that i think so maybe it should go to someone younger...wayne rooney could be too young henry just right i think