Can't install update due to SP2

Maybe someone can help me out with this one.

I need to install an update ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...900&Product=wms ) for Windows Media Encoder 9. The problem is that the installer tells me that my SP version is higher than required and therefore the update is not needed, which is false!

Are there any command line parameters to circumvent the SP version check?

Thanks in advance.

Check what version you have installed now, it's probably equal to or higher than the version included in that fix. SP2 probably already updated it (Y)

I already have WMP10 installed, but that specific update is for the Media Encoder I use quite often.

XP SP2 does not include the encoder or any updates for it. The version I have installed is from the initial release 9.0.0.2980. The update is version 9.0.0.3219.

There has to be a way to get it installed.

Then it seems there's a bug with the installer. You should contact Microsoft about this and explain to them your situation. There may be workarounds to install the file manually, but Microsoft should still know about this (Y)

Then it seems there's a bug with the installer. You should contact Microsoft about this and explain to them your situation. There may be workarounds to install the file manually, but Microsoft should still know about this (Y)

No not at all. It's a 3 day old fresh installation of Windows XP with the the final SP2.

Well my assumption is also that it's an installer bug, but I thought someone here might know if there is an override parameter.

Thanks anyway for all your thoughts about this.