• 2.0 GHz - 2.3 GHz
    • 2.4 GHz - 2.6 GHz
    • 2.7 GHz - 2.9 GHz
    • 3.0 GHz - 3.5 GHz
    • Way too fast to count (above 3.5 GHz)

My computer=Athlon 64 3500+

Wife's computer=Athlon 2800

Kid's computer=Athlon 2600

I dismantled my my kid's 1.5ghz P4 system about a week ago and replaced with the Athlon 2600 for dirt cheap...about to post P4, Rambus memory, etc. for auction on eBay....

I am a big fan of Athlon chips and MSI mobos...had very good luck with stability, overclocking, etc...

well one of the reasons i got a sempron was becuz it works with socket 754, which later u can slap on an ahtlon 64.. i was on a budget on thought of future upgrades. its actually pretty fast

spruce-moose kinda has a point...And to this extent, it's kinda why I got out of the overclocking scene...once you start to get to 3GHz or so, with the exception of a very few certain tasks, clock speed, tweaks, really don't give you noticable performance without using a benchmark of some sort. If your computer can run for weeks on end, without crashes, lock ups, or hangs, and remains responsive to all user commands, then you've really got a nice system.

In my opinion, the best systems I've seen is the software packages loaded and the things people use them for. I've seen some network admins running multiple OSs off a single PC (VMWare or VirtualPC) or VPN/Remote Desktop and PuTTY/SSH to manage remote servers, usually many at one time. Alot of people have high end systems now. Good question to ask would be, "What do you do with your system?" I bet we'd get alot of interesting replies...Sound mixing, video editing, CAD, graphic design, remote administration, software development, a little bit of everything?

For example. My PC is a 3GHz P4 with 2GB of RAM. I write proceedures and testing instructions for my company sometimes, so I fire up VirtualPC, and load full versions of SuSE, Fedora Core 2, RHL 7.3/8/9, or whatever OS we're working with, and write up the proceedures in OneNote using the screen capture to take shots of what I'm working on in Virtual PC. If you have a system with a ton of RAM, VirtualPC can run like a champ. And it saves you the trouble of doing a dual-boot install if you don't want the hassle...Not to mention it's fun, and if I don't like the OS, I can just delete it and not have made any changes to my system...

How about you guys? What are some of the things you do?