[NFL] Rice to be traded?!?

:blink: Rice has told a Sacramento radio station that he might be traded.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1900604

I know his numbers have drop a lot this year, but I would never thought he could be traded to any team. Maybe the 49ers can get him back in the red and gold for one last time.

I grew up watching Rice with the 49ers, and I dreamed of being like him. Different things have kept me from that, but Rice remains one of my favorite players ever. I would hate to see him end his career with a season like this.

I would love to see him get traded to the 49ers over anyone else, so I can relive my young days. I don't think I'll fit in my old jersey though....

I know you like him, Steffan, but Rice was traded to retirement about two years ago....just no one knew about it.

584723521[/snapback]

Oh, everyone knew it. What they didn't know, is how well he has done the past couple of seasons with Oakland.

All he needs is a good QB to back him up unlike the inconsistancy in the QB position in Oakland. He needs someone to compliment him. Like McNabb and T.O. and Culpepper and Moss. Maybe he should go to the Eagles, we can never have enough wide recievers. :D

we don't need him here in detroit. williams, hakim, and streets right now. so at best, he would be our 4th option out there and if he sticks around for next year, there's no room. :o

Jerry Porter hasn't done crap for the Raiders this year. Sure, he's fast and young, and apparently has the IQ of a rock.

Jerry Rice, while a HOF receiver, needs to retire.

After reading the Boller thread, maybe Baltimore could use him. Boller could really benefit from Rice's experience. Let's face it, they couldn't get much worse.

that would be too much.

watch him go to tampa.

584723883[/snapback]

sigh, i can see that being the final nail in their coffin. what a bismal season...beginning to remind me of the ray perkins' years.