Ravens - Is Boller the Future?

As one of the few Ravens fans in this Forum, I figure I can get a pretty good un-biased opinion :)

Billick can be very hard-headed about his QB's. Do you guys think that Boller is the future of this team? He is young, and he does play hard, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a good starter.

Now, that being said, adding TO to the team this year would have been -huge-. But, oh well.

I say that we go back to the 4-3 defense, and trade Hartwell for a decend wideout. I think that Hartwell could start MLB for several teams. Haha, madden 2005 ranks him mid-80's! I think that getting a WR to throw to will help Boller a lot. I guess that Travis Taylor and Heap are coming back soon...

PS: philly fans, no way we beat you now with Jamal serving a 2-game suspension...

i think he could end up being their starter for a long time. he just needs some weapons to bomb it to.

the kid can throw a ball thru the goalpost from the 50 kneeling on one knee.

he's definitely got the potential. like tox said though, no weapons. If TO would have stayed in Baltimore when he got traded, who knows what would have happened.

If TO would have stayed in Baltimore when he got traded, who knows what would have happened.

584734367[/snapback]

I'd wager Philly would still have lossed the NFC championship like they will come January :devil:

I'd wager Philly would still have lossed the NFC championship like they will come January  :devil:

584734387[/snapback]

It's easy to say that, isn't it?

But when you look at the Eagles the last 3 years, during the playoffs -- they've been burned by injuries... Westbrook last year, was definately a HUGE loss, putting all the weight on Staley's shoulders, who hadn't had to carry the burden of the team once during the season. McNabb got hurt against Carolina, and did his best just to throw interceptions... Detmer wasn't much better.

If the Eagles stay healthy, they'll be in the Super Bowl come January. :yes:

Boller seems to be a good QB but needs more polishing with his skills. It would be better if the Ravens benched him and got, say Brad Johnson from the Bucs, so that he could learn from him. Also, having a better QB is better for the Ravens in the long run while they groom Boller.

Best way to teach him is by making him throw and not give Jamal Lewis the ball evreytime. This will happen in the coming two weeks while Lewis servers his two game suspension. Let's see how he does without a start RB behind him.

Oh, we are in sooooo much trouble when Jamal is out

584740293[/snapback]

Didn't he account for like 75% of the offense last year? If so, that would really suck if he is unable to play.

Perhaps Boller should be throwing to Jerry Rice if Rice leaves the Raiders.