Wrestling

Anyone here got any advice for me?

I just joined wrestling practices..the season starts in 4 weeks, championships are in February. I've never bene on the mat before in my life, this is my Senior year, and I plan to bust my ass and make it to States.

I've been working out 2 - 4 times a week since mid summer, so currently I'm the strongest person on our team, so I have that to my advantadge, but I know absolutely no moves when it comes to wrestling other than what I've learned in 2 days of open mat.

I'm continuing to work out, sometimes twice a day. Going to practices every day and doing jogging outside of practice to help build up my cardio, which is pretty weak right now.

Also continuing my diet that's based largely on proteins and simply eating constantly, and large amounts. Healthy stuff though, no doritos and candy bars or pop. Weight isn't a big problem with me, I have a good metabolism, it's hard ot gain weight for me. I'm at 204 currently, was 218, so I'll wrestle in the 215 class as I have extremely little fat on me.

I'm looking for any good advice you all have. Sites with wrestling moves explained, words from past experience etc...anyhting. I've set some high goals for myself, but I know I wouldn't be satisfied with anything less. I damn well mean to acheive this too. Thanks in advanced.

What state are you from?

I too am a senior and will be starting my fourth year wrestling. All I can say is work hard, eat right, stay strong and be prepared mentally. Everything will seem really wierd to you for the first few weeks but stick with it, its a rewarding experience.

Ohio state, Hoover High School in North Canton.

584769813[/snapback]

can't help but say that OhioU (Athens) > OSU :D

but now that that's out of the way.... osu has an awesome wrestling program. if you ever see a huge guy there that looks like his nose has been broken a dozen times and goes by the name Mark, you might wanna talk to him - it's probably Mark Coleman, former Buckeye wrestler and former UFC Heavyweight champ :D

the only suggestion i can make is in regards to your diet. tons of protein is always good, but you might want to do some research and start eating lots of greens that'll put more oxygen into your blood.

can't help but say that OhioU (Athens) > OSU :D

but now that that's out of the way.... osu has an awesome wrestling program.  if you ever see a huge guy there that looks like his nose has been broken a dozen times and goes by the name Mark, you might wanna talk to him - it's probably Mark Coleman, former Buckeye wrestler and former UFC Heavyweight champ :D

the only suggestion i can make is in regards to your diet.  tons of protein is always good, but you might want to do some research and start eating lots of greens that'll put more oxygen into your blood.

584769862[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm working on that. Ate a plateful of carrots and cucumber today at Cici's. My school is retarded though, a little plastic tray of ****ing, like 8 carrots and 5 pieces of cucumber is 75 cents, but chips and nutty bars are 40 cents, and all this after making major changes like no salt at lunch for State health reasons. It's really stupid.

Also, getting lots of sleep is important fo rmuscles to hear, correct? That's something else I'm trying to improve.