No British-GP In 2005

Bernie Ecclestone has killed off any lingering hopes that the British GP will go ahead in 2005.

The F1 supremo said he was breaking off talks with Silverstone owners the BRDC and is now in negotiations to bring another new venue on to the calendar.

Ecclestone told the Daily Express: "We have to admit defeat and end the discussions. It looks certain there will not be a British GP in 2005.

"We have been unable to reach agreement on the length of the commitment or the financial terms.?

Ecclestone laid the blame for the talks? failure squarely at the door of the BRDC.

He told The Times: ?You can?t sell something to people who don?t want to buy and I don?t think the BRDC wanted to take the risk of having a grand prix.

[Source + Rest of Story[/u:angry:r />:angry:

Bernie Ecclestone has killed off any lingering hopes that the British GP will go ahead in 2005.

The F1 supremo said he was breaking off talks with Silverstone owners the BRDC and is now in negotiations to bring another new venue on to the calendar.

Ecclestone told the Daily Express: "We have to admit defeat and end the discussions. It looks certain there will not be a British GP in 2005.

"We have been unable to reach agreement on the length of the commitment or the financial terms.?

Ecclestone laid the blame for the talks? failure squarely at the door of the BRDC.

He told The Times: ?You can?t sell something to people who don?t want to buy and I don?t think the BRDC wanted to take the risk of having a grand prix.

[Source + Rest of Story[/u:angry:r />:angry:

I expected that to happen.. Ah well. Cant blame the guy that runs Silverstone though. Probably costs a fortune to keep the track up to scratch.

eh!, I don't like this moron, only think about $$$$ and not more about sports in essence well he is old man someday die grrh... :crazy: :angry:

Same reason why Portugal was left out of the GP several years ago. First we had to make chances to the track. We did. Then this gnome wanted more money. And we told him where he could stick it :D