minority coaches in college football

I looked at this this article on espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1905819

The Black Coaches Association still wants more minority hires in college football.

I dont understand why this BCA stress that they MUST have black coaches or interview them in college football or what not.. its so stupid and racist.

Reminds me when matt millen of the lions was fined for not interviewing a minority coach after firing morninwheg.. even though he knew he wanted Mooch and didnt see a need to interview others.

its retarded if they are a good coach they will get a job...

584780590[/snapback]

I'd like to believe that too, but how can you expalin Dave Wannstedt staying in chicago as long as he did, then getting a nice job at a large market team like Miami, AND still have that job?

getting any job or scholarship, etc. (anything) based on color is racism- i don't care if it's for black or white or whatever. :angry:

i never fill out those ethnic background things- a load of bs

I'd like to believe that too, but how can you expalin Dave Wannstedt staying in chicago as long as he did, then getting a nice job at a large market team like Miami, AND still have that job?

584780606[/snapback]

not really understanding what that has anything really to do with the race topic. I agree with you that dave wannstedt is a bad coach but its not like he is there because he is white

Well, my Huskers got a B rating. But who really pays attention to these things anyways?

584781589[/snapback]

Apparently, some people do ;)

Go Huskers! :woot:

584780606[/snapback]

I have an explanation for you. Stupidity.

There's no doubt their is discrimination getting these jobs.  How else would you explain the SEC not having ANY colored coaches until this year?

584781531[/snapback]

Not really sure where you are from, but most people are in agreement that nobody uses the term "colored" anymore.

Not really sure where you are from, but most people are in agreement that nobody uses the term "colored" anymore.

584785924[/snapback]

I don't use it either, but I didn't want to say black and we all know they're not African American. That is just a nice term they made up to describe them.

Congrats to Mississippi St. for having the first ever black coach in the SEC.

i could care if our next coach is neon pink, i just want a winner here  :(  :cry:  :angry:

584797676[/snapback]

haha, must be tough being a gator these days...

584780606[/snapback]

it doesn't mean its racisim, but you should of known the dolphins ownership were retards years ago. Otherwise they would of tried to build a better team around marino.

haha, must be tough being a gator these days...

584797957[/snapback]

you could say that. i look at it that our losing to msu is better in the long run. at least zook is gone for sure now.