Win XP Pro and NAV 8.0 2002

Well, at least I didn't have problems to post this time, he he he !

My problem is the following, I was using Windows 2000 Professional with the SP-2 in my computer under NTFS file system.

I upgraded it to Windows XP Professional RC-2 and all was working OK until I installed NAV 8.0 2002 . Now the start up time for Windows lasts like 4 or 5 minutes until I can see my desktop .

I think that is a LOT of time for a boot up . Besides I tried to scan my hard drive for viruses and NAV 2002 took 26 min and 19 sec to complete the task !!!!!!!????(It scanned like 44256 files). When I had Win 2K with McAfee virus scan 5.21 this task used to last like 7 or 8 min . I'd like to see any suggestions to decrease the scan time and the start up time of XP with NAV . My hard drive is 10.2 GB in size and it has like 6.91GB of free space . I have 256MB RAM and Celeron 566 MHz .

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

I have had trouble with Norton AV 2002 ever since i installed it. It refuses to run correctly on my system regardless. Any time i open NAV or attempt to run a scan i get all kinds of rediculous script errors. If McAfee worked fine for you in the past why not just stick with it ? IMHO NAV 2002 just is not ready for prime time just yet and until these problems are resolved, you are best sticking with what works. Whether that is McAfee,Inoculate, etc....

~Keldyn

Yeah I also have problem with NAV2002, it caused the Outlook Express 6 to load up slowly. Oh well I think I have to live with it for time being :right:

I'm currently working on AV deployment with winXP at work, so you could say i'm getting a lot of winxp AV experience.

I use NAV 2002 at home, and it works FINE, i've tested all aspects quite extensively. It does take a long time to scan, but by default, it scans every dam thing on your HDD, were as by default, mcafee virus scan scans (comparatively) very little.

(hence the time difference)

We use mcafee virus scan 4.5.1 at work and it has lots of problems with winXP. This is being fixed as we speak though.

Jon

ALot of these are known problems and are documented on their website actually ( script errors, slowing of Outlook Express ) . Perhaps when XP is launched officially we will see some patches/fixes. I happen to like the interface for NAV 2002 so its a shame it is such a nuisance at the moment..

~Keldyn

I guess I'm lucky. I've never eXPerienced any problems with NV2002 on WinXP.

As for McAfee, from past eXPerience that has bad problems with all operating systems [not wanting to uninstall at all on my ME machine].