[Review] Creative T7900

Well today, my new speakers arrived, the Creative T7900. There are few reviews on this, and all with mixed opinions. I have just set them up and have been playing with them for a couple of hours. I have not had time to set the speakers in there "proper" positions, due to lack of shelving in my new house (getting some soon). Right now 4 speakers are bundled around my computer. The 2 side speakers, the front speaker and the centre speaker. The other one is mounted on top of my TV and the 2 rear speakers are placed pretty high up on my wardrobe. For the sub, that is placed under my desk (i think im going to keep it there).

Style/Design

When first opening up the package, the speakers came in a simple, but nice box. After getting the box open and digging my way through the speakers were revealed. When taking out the speakers, i could see a nice elegant silver and black colour scheme on all the speakers with the brand "Creative" written on them. The speakers sit on a nice stainless steal silver mount (7 are supplied)

The sub once again matches the tone of the other speakers but has a nice glossy black finish on the hole. There isn?t really much else to say, apart from its simple design and colour are pleasant to have in a room. With the speaker comes a petit control which lights up a nice calm green. It?s nicely designed to sit in your hand for you to simply scroll the volume or bass up and down.

7.5/Build Quality

Every speaker has a cover over them which prevents dust reaching the actual speaker. Every speaker has a plastic surrounding which when tapped doesn?t seem all too strong. The speakers are nicely covered, and no exposes of the internals are visible. The sub seems to be a beastly thing, which is made to last. I cant see that breaking in the near future. I would not recommend taking off the material shield, as when you open it, you can clearly see that you?re not meant too and that it can easily get damaged.Sound Qualitylity

Most of you probably skipped the other two to come to this part. From a ?80 worth of equipment you cant really expect much, but even i was shocked to hear the quality. I was stunned; all i can hear is crisp clean sound quality. The front 2 speakers seem to be the strongest ones (power wise) which can be expected as they are designed for that. The 2 side speakers provide and nice balanced tone. The centre speaker is driven with a 20 Watts RMS amplification, that enables user to experience clearer sound. It has also been designed especially for high frequency tension, with its "Tweeter. The Reinforced Wood Subwoofer delivers clean and powerful Bass. It features a 6.5? long-throw driver and a dual flared port tube for clean and rock solid bass reproduction. Obviously when you put the volume up to full max it distorts, but anything 90% below still offers great sound

http://creative.com/iss/images/inline/products/inspire_t7900/centre.jpg[/Valueb>Value

Ebuyer seems to be the cheapest place. The actual speakers are around ?60, but when you add vat and p+p, it comes to ?77, which i still think is a remarkable price. I can not fault it, i could not expect this quality for such a low prVerdictb>Verdict

If you are looking for new speakers for a bedroom, to play movies, games and music. You need to go for the Creative T7900. With its 7.1 sound, you can experience media the way its meant to be heard.

8.5/10

Sound Card Used: Audigy 2 NX

Edited by bingham.