• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Over 13,000 IPS for banning

Question

Xero_Cool    0

If you use PHPnuke, Here are over 13,000 IPS for you to ban....These IPS try/tried to hack phpnuke sites with HTML codes, SQL Injections, etc...Ban them if you like :).

iplist.rtf

18 answers to this question

pagal    0

neowin doesn't use phpnuke!

Xero_Cool    0

No, really? Read what i said smart one.

If you use PHPnuke, Here are over 13,000 IPS for you to ban
!

pagal    0

cool, my bad.

twiglet    0

what about ppl with dynamic IPs?

what if some poor sucker gets dynamically assinged one of those IPs? not everyones ip is static you know.

Xero_Cool    0

Well, They still catch their IPS cause they got protection :).

If you use phpnuke, You should use Sentiel or whatever its called for protection to stop DDOS attack and hacking.

twiglet    0

thats not my point. what if some script kiddy with a dynamic ip tries to hack the site and gets his IP added to the list. then, later, some innocent person gets assigned that ip and tries to access the site, but cant because his/her ip is banned.

aldo    0
thats not my point. what if some script kiddy with a dynamic ip tries to hack the site and gets his IP added to the list. then, later, some innocent person gets assigned that ip and tries to access the site, but cant because his/her ip is banned.

584792171[/snapback]

Exactly. Most of these IPs will just be hacked computers running a proxy, on a dynamic IP. They can just reboot the cable modem and boom, new IP.

Utterly, utterly useless...

PHPNuke is the most horrible peice of **** ever, by the way. It is so insecure it's not even remotely funny any more.

roosevelt    22

Right, for example I have DSL and I see my IP address changing in a regular basis. For example suppose a hackers IP is 12.34.56 and you blocked it. And after couple of days/months later my IP became 12.34.56... which will block me from viewing the website, where I'm completely innocent. If you want to block IPs, block the proxy ones like google does :)

Xero_Cool    0

Version 7.5 is secure :).

twiglet    0
Right, for example I have DSL and I see my IP address changing in a regular basis. For example suppose a hackers IP is 12.34.56 and you blocked it. And after couple of days/months later my IP became 12.34.56... which will block me from viewing the website, where I'm completely innocent. If you want to block IPs, block the proxy ones like google does 

err, thats exactly what i said. :rolleyes:

roosevelt    22

Well a example made it clear ;)

twiglet    0
Well a example made it clear 

only if you're a ****ing moron with no imagination

roosevelt    22

dude what's the point of arguing among ourselves when both of ouur goal is the same to prove a point. Like if a completely newbie reads your explantion he/she will get confused about your explanation

where mine uses a little example and the newbie user will understand it clearly... because I know when I was a noob I didn't get all this kind of technical explanation... but when someone used a example and made it simple I got it in a fly. This is a friendly forum we help each other out so act like one.

Post-It Note    0
only if you're  a ****ing moron with no imagination

584792229[/snapback]

Way to ruin a conversation. :no:

Sn1p3t    0

Doesn't the new version of MySQL contian protection against SQL Injection attacks (e.g. parameters)? I thought it would by now...

bakerster    0

Can an IP be assigned 2 times?

roosevelt    22

yes it is possible.. if you actually keep track of IPs changing like i do :p. It actually changes in a range mostly.

Dean W    0

All this just for security lol