Manchester Utd Vs Arsenal

Gotta love Rooneys little acrobatics show next to Campbell :shifty:

584798015[/snapback]

Fair enough, it was a dive (straight from the Pires school of diving no doubt). Initially I thought clear penalty, but it took the replay to show otherwise. Difficult one of the ref to catch (ala Pires). It should not have been a penalty.

However the challenge from Cole on Ronaldo a few minutes later clearly was a penalty, but nothing given, so you could say it evened itself out.

Arse's biggest moan, and I agree with them, Rio should have been sent off in the first half.

well first of all congrats to man utd and all the man utd fans..it was a hard fought victory ..though the game has raised some question abt refreeing,,but its football,mistakes are prone....i personally think that the penalty given, looked like a fair decision..but the replays showed it otherwise...arsenal's luck just ran out after 49 games

"Same old Arsenal, Always Cheating"

Come on United, What a result!    :D

584798915[/snapback]

cheating :wacko:

at least the premierships will be ours again and 49 games without a loss is quite an achievement. Lets see who can try and get that record :)

Man Utd v Arsenal Match Report

By : Me

The unlikely combination of Wayne Rooney and 'Reverend' Referee Riley finally brought Arsenal's majestic unbeaten run to an abrupt end, and they did it with some style.

The longtime Man Utd supporter-######-Fergie's newest signing Riley produced one of his best performances ever and best ever debut to send Arsenal crashing to their first defeat of the season.

The inclusion of some ex-prisoners-and ex-murderers-look-a-likes, in the form of The Neville brothers, Ruud Nistelrooy, Rio Ferdinand among others also helped United immensely. They managed to cut off Arsenal's left supply line by dishing out some Triple X-rated tackles and hacking down the young Spaniard Reyes. In the 70 minutes Reyes played, he was the victim of attempted murder at least 7 times.

Riley was a constant threat from start to finish, and Ferguson would be delighted that he has finally gotten a true matchwinner for Man Utd.

First, the skinny but cunning-looking Riley falied to send Ferdinand off for barging into Ljungberg who was one-on-one with the keeper. Ljungberg and Arsenal appealed furiously for a red card but Riley looked as if he was blind (probably was too) and didn't see the incident and waved play on.

Then there was those ugly high heels of Nistelrooy, which I have no doubt left stud marks on Ashley Cole's thigh. The incident took place right in front of one of the linesmen, and they being honchoed by Riley, did't even wince at the pathetic challenge from Ruud. Ruud, as the name itself suggests, must be pretty rude off-pitch too.

Second contribution, the 73rd minute, Rooney, the bad boy who's usually on the receiving end of referees, dribbled his way up and into Arsenal's penalty box. Sol Campbell tried stopping him, and even though there wasn't any contact, the always dependable Rooney fell over like as if knocked over by a bull. Rooney hinself confessed post-match that there wasn't any contact.

The venomous combination of Rooney and Reverend Riley worked perfectly. Within 0.012 seconds of Rooney's Oscar-winning fall, Riley blew his whistle. Rooney got up immediately and curled his palm into a fist triumphantly. And beneath Riley's emotionless face, one could almost see him smirking an evil smile.

Nistelrooy stepped up and sent Lehmann the wrong way, and the ball almost dutifully rolled into the net. From then on Man Utd reverted to their tortoise shell formation and defended their goal like Bush defending his own actions in sending troops to Iraq.

Arsenal broke forward trying to find an equalizer but to no avail. In the dying minutes Man Utd counter-attacked and although Rooney seemed few inches offside when Alan Smith crossed for him to first-time the ball into the net, the goal stood, thanks to Riley and his gang.

The day belonged to Riley,really.

Man-of-the-Match - Mike Riley.

Final score

Riley 2-0 Arsenal.

someone's a little bitter it looks like. I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the ref's calls. I think the replay is on Wednesday which I'll most likely watch.

man utd are a team full of dirty players, arsenal were MOST DEFINATLEY the fair players this time and they are the best team in England maybe the world so don't get too excited man u fans, ur not winning anything good this season either.

Man Utd v Arsenal Match Report

By : Me

The unlikely combination of Wayne Rooney and 'Reverend' Referee Riley finally brought Arsenal's majestic unbeaten run to an abrupt end, and they did it with some style.

The longtime Man Utd supporter-######-Fergie's newest signing Riley produced one of his best performances ever and best ever debut to send Arsenal crashing to their first defeat of the season.

The inclusion of some ex-prisoners-and ex-murderers-look-a-likes, in the form of The Neville brothers, Ruud Nistelrooy, Rio Ferdinand among others also helped United immensely. They managed to cut off Arsenal's left supply line by dishing out some Triple X-rated tackles and hacking down the young Spaniard Reyes. In the 70 minutes Reyes played, he was the victim of attempted murder at least 7 times.

Riley was a constant threat from start to finish, and Ferguson would be delighted that he has finally gotten a true matchwinner for Man Utd.

First, the skinny but cunning-looking Riley falied to send Ferdinand off for barging into Ljungberg who was one-on-one with the keeper. Ljungberg and Arsenal appealed furiously for a red card but Riley looked as if he was blind (probably was too) and didn't see the incident and waved play on.

Then there was those ugly high heels of Nistelrooy, which I have no doubt left stud  marks on Ashley Cole's thigh. The incident took place right in front of one of the linesmen, and they being honchoed by Riley, did't even wince at the pathetic challenge from Ruud. Ruud, as the name itself suggests, must be pretty rude off-pitch too.

Second contribution, the 73rd minute, Rooney, the bad boy who's usually on the receiving end of referees, dribbled his way up and into Arsenal's penalty box. Sol Campbell tried stopping him, and even though there wasn't any contact, the always dependable Rooney fell over like as if knocked over by a bull. Rooney hinself confessed post-match that there wasn't any contact.

The venomous combination of Rooney and Reverend Riley worked perfectly. Within 0.012 seconds of Rooney's Oscar-winning fall, Riley blew his whistle. Rooney got up immediately and curled his palm into a fist triumphantly. And beneath Riley's emotionless face, one could almost see him smirking an evil smile.

Nistelrooy stepped up and sent Lehmann the wrong way, and the ball almost dutifully rolled into the net. From then on Man Utd reverted to their tortoise shell formation and defended their goal like Bush defending his own actions in sending troops to Iraq.

Arsenal broke forward trying to find an equalizer but to no avail. In the dying minutes Man Utd counter-attacked and although Rooney seemed few inches offside when Alan Smith crossed for him to first-time the ball into the net, the goal stood, thanks to Riley and his gang.

The day belonged to Riley,really.

Man-of-the-Match - Mike Riley.

Final score

Riley 2-0 Arsenal.

584803433[/snapback]

Ok so where is the mention of Ronaldo getting tackeld by cole which was a definate penalty?? Also, did we have all this moaning from people when Pires dived in the box against Charlton? NO!! So stop going on like a little kid, god your just as bad as the Arsenal players. Grow up

ehhh Powa, Ronaldo getting tackeld by cole?!?!?! hmmm cant remember Pires diving against Charlton anymore honestly...cant speak about that..

btw van the loser admitted he hitted Cole, though not a purpose..yeh right lol.... will be a 3 match ban which seems very low for that kind of dead trap, Even Jeff Winter ( in The Sun ), ex-ref even made a comparision with the assault of Keane on Haaland in the paste, it could ended Cole?s career like it did on Haaland, these nasty Man utd players. I mean if you kick someone on the street like that and there are witnesses or cops seeing that...you could get a heavy fine or get in jail.

If you didn't see Ashley Cole fouling Ronaldo in the area which was a penalty, then you must not have watched to match properly and so can't really comment on what else happened in the match.

All these Arsenal players/fans need to see the interview Geoff Winter (ex referee) made on Sky Sports news, then you can see more sense. You all need to realise that Arsenal aren't cheated everytime they lose as they would have you believe