ADSL - Internal Modem (setup, Help! ...)

Hey! .. I ordered my ADSL Via Pipex, Last Weekend, and recieved my Logon Details, and Micro Filter Yesterdee Morn! ... Now, i wanna Get everything Setup 'n' Cool, For When i have Confimation From BT of my ADSL Enabled Line!

... Now, i'm using an internal modem, not the Alcatel one, Pipex Will Supply (Flog 2 u!). I had this Modem, previous to me ordering, so i decided, why waste more money? ...Anyhow, Pipex Won't Give ANY Support, on a product they aren't Floggin ya! (Figures! :right: )

... So, i am Hoping u Guys can Help me Out ... Pipex Offer setup Guides, for Windows 95 - 2000 ... but not XP, and i think the Wizard is kinda Different! ... it DOESN't allow u to select the Device ...! ...

so, i simply follow the OTHER Steps in the Guide, Via "Dial up Modem" Enter User ID, Pass and a Blagged Telephone No. (usually "1") ...

But when i goto that Connection. (Pipex) its set up, to connect via the ONLY Modem i have, my external 56K!

i Cannot find anyway of Changing it! :(

...i've Turned off the modem, and Ditched it From System Devices ... But then, if i redo the Wizard it claims, there's no available Device! ...

Now it makes sense in a way! ... because the Internal Modem Doesn't Call itself a Modem, But ACTUALLY a LAN Adapter or (NiC)

...So, Can Any1 Help me, on what i need to Do? ...

If any1 requires ANY More info ... (and think u can help my sorry ass! ) ... plz Holla!

Thanks!

NeYo

Originally posted by ab1225

It is most likely PPoE (PPP over Ethernet) and when you go to create a new connection select that :)

Thats the thing, If i go thru the Wizard.. i get NO Option to Select a Device! :( ... Win 2k i believe u do, or so the Pipex PDF File Suggests! ;)

i have this wizard thing, that came with my Card ... But it doesn't list my ISP! (Pipex!) any ideas?!

NeYo