Which ISP? ...

Shaw. The best ISP in the world. I normally get 300-400 KBps from fast servers and 100-150 from slow servers. And it only costs $40 Canadian a month. (around $25.40 US). Needless to say, virtually no one uses dial-up anymore.

edit: to clear things up, shaw is 10mb cable. I've gotten up to 800MB/s.

As for dial-up, i meant no one in vancouver. I only know 1 guy still on dial-up at school (and he is waiting for cable install.)

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Shaw. The best ISP in the world. I normally get 300-400 KBps from fast servers and 100-150 from slow servers. And it only costs $40 Canadian a month. (around $25.40 US). Needless to say, virtually no one uses dial-up anymore.

Wow... Most servers dont allow more than 120k because they dont want everyone hogging the bandwidth. It has little to do with how fast the server is. btw I believe 80% of NA is on dial up.

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Needless to say, virtually no one uses dial-up anymore.

its not quite the same, here in England! ...YET! ... i shud be on ADSL by Friday! :D

NeYo

PS ... U're Right, BT Sucks! They are my dialup Provider (4 a few more days! YAY!!)

heh, wish i could afford the 1mb connection.

tis a shame that we dont get super fast connections in the uk, well we do, but its super expensive :

ntl pings 0wn tho, i get under 20 when playing ut

argh.. tim u suck LOL!

i'll trade you my P.o.s. samsung beat up opened up in pieces phone for you connection.. plllleeeasssseee

ok i'll throw in two root beer cans for it thats my final offer