Filesharing will not allow access to some files

The problem: When, using my laptop, I create a file that exists on a network share, I cannot access it after the initial creation. Files not created or modified by the laptop can still be accessed, just not those created or modified by it. Other computers on the network can access files created/modified by the laptop that are stored on the same server. Permissions of one such file are identical to permissions of a file that can be accessed fine. Error given is "The system cannot find the file specified". Same problem occurs after restarting both.

The setup of my network: I have a network of 4 computers 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.6 (.5 is not usually on the network, and .1 is the switch). They have static IP addresses and are on subnet 255.255.255.0. I primarily use 10.0.0.2, and it has a fileshare on it that shares my %userprofile% directory as "Wes". I use 10.0.0.6 (which is a laptop) at times also. They both have a local user called Wes. (They are not in a domain), and both have the same password. The laptop connects to 10.0.0.2 to get all the files it uses (in HKCU / Software / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Explorer / UserShellFolders, most of the folders are 10.0.0.2WesMy Documents...., etc). It logs on to that computer as Wes, with the proper password. NetBIOS is disabled. Permissions on all my files are "Wes" - full control and "System" - full control. None are encrypted. Some, but not all of the culprits are compressed.

Edit: Forgot to say - Both running WinXP Pro.