Worst trades ever?

I was just reading this article on ESPN and saw that one of the curse's was caused by a bad trade -well, a really horrible one.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking of what the worst trades in all sporting history were. Could it be Baltimore?trading Curt Schilling, Steve Finley?and Pete Harnisch?for Glenn Davis to Houston in January of '91 or the Phillies trading Rick Wise to the Cardinals for Steve Carlton. How about sending George Bell to the South Side at the end of spring training in '92 for 23-year-old Sammy Sosa. Boston trading Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson or Lasorda giving up on Pedro for Delino?? And that's just baseball...

What's the one that makes you cringe a:x :x

heh...the seattle mariners are pretty notorious for bad trades. everyone they trade seems to get better after they get traded....like scott podsednik. seattle was also the team that traded derek lowe and jason varitek (i think) to boston.

I was just reading this article on ESPN and saw that one of the curse's was caused by a bad trade -well, a really horrible one.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking of what the worst trades in all sporting history were. Could it be Baltimore trading Curt Schilling, Steve Finley and Pete Harnisch for Glenn Davis to Houston in January of '91 or the Phillies trading Rick Wise to the Cardinals for Steve Carlton. How about sending George Bell to the South Side at the end of spring training in '92 for 23-year-old Sammy Sosa. Boston trading Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson or Lasorda giving up on Pedro for Delino?? And that's just baseball...

What's the one that makes you cringe ak:x:x

584823700[/snapback]

Hardly the worst trades ever, as those couldn't have been predicted to turn outhatb> bad... I mean, we pretty much figured that they'd be bad, but no one knew the turn out would be like that.

heh...the seattle mariners are pretty notorious for bad trades. everyone they trade seems to get better after they get traded....like scott podsednik. seattle was also the team that traded derek lowe and jason varitek (i think) to boston.

584825834[/snapback]

if the Mariners are bad, then the Expos must be beyond beleif considering all the talent that came out of here and went to the rest of the league

if the Mariners are bad, then the Expos must be beyond beleif considering all the talent that came out of here and went to the rest of the league

584833117[/snapback]

OMG :yes: