Toughest season for the last 5 years [NBA '05]

At last, the season is kicking off TODAY! Sleepless nights are starting again.

This season will be the toughest season of all! (at least for the last 5 years, which I know)

West lost their big names such as Shaq, Francis, ... East lost some names, too, such as T-Mac, KMart..

Both sides seem to be a lot closer to each other when their powers are compared.

It is going to be tough to pick the winners :happy:

Who do you think will be:

-Contenders of WEST and EAST?

-Surprises?

-Finals Candidates (a bit early, but its never to early to start :p )

Ring Ceremony at 7:00 PM EST

All I am hoping for is that the Warriors finally win the close games this year. They lost so many games last year in the final 3 minutes, it made me sick. Hopefully Mike Montgomery won't go through too many growing pains coming from Stanford, and alot of the players have already commented on how much of a player's coach he is. We'll see...

Minus Detroit, the West is still the conference of domination. 1 through 8, the West is much harder to predict and they have about 10 teams playoff-capable. Other than Detroit, none of the other teams can compete in a 7 game series with anybody in the West. Miami may have got Shaq but they lost alot in return; I'm not sold on them, especially since they haven't played one regular season game yet.

Surprises: Phoenix, Cleveland, Utah, Golden State, Chicago

Finals: Minnesota vs. Detroit - Minnesota in 6; KG no longer has the Lakers to worry about in the Conference Finals.

I'm excited for the season to start.. now I have something to watch Tues - Sat when football isn't on ;) My Nuggets start the season tonite against the Lakers and I can't wait to see Melo and K-Mart in action. They were 6-1 in the pre season so I hope that is a sign of good things to come. Let's Get It Started In Here.... :D :D :D

I can't wait either, I'm a massive Sonics fan, though i'm worried its gonna be a loooooooooong season :-\

I've supported Seattle for 10 years now i reckon, and our management just plain sucks.

I hope the Nuggets rape the lakers 2nite tho :p

I belive the kings are the second best in the west. They are really underrated man I know kg is one hella of a player but the kinds should have one that series vs them.

Welp, just as I said before, the Warriors lost 78-75 to start the season. Another close game, at home, and they lose in the 4th quarter.

I think there's a curse. The curse of Run TMC.