Expos to stay in Montreal?

WASHINGTON -- The chair of the District of Columbia Council proposed Friday that a new ballpark be built next to RFK Stadium instead of a site south of the U.S. Capitol, a plan that could cause Major League Baseball to drop the scheduled move of the Montreal Expos to Washington.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/7859483 - full story

unbelievable.. although in a previous thread, i said i thought the expos would be in montreal in 2005..

im sure this will make expos nation happy, all 4 of you.

We don't really want them anymore...

584872353[/snapback]

only if they build a new stadium... i wish they built that stadium just south of the Bell Center, it was a perfect location, with easy access to pub transport and highway right in downtown...

what a crock. just make up your damn minds baseball.

i would rather have a good football team here anyway.

584874004[/snapback]

We already have an awsome football team :)

We already have an awsome football team :)

584880238[/snapback]

Arrrgoooos!!! :D

Seriously, I'd like to see baseball stay in Montreal. I'm not sure that Montreal cares but...

In fact fred, I will probably make some ppl mad but the fact is that

Montreal has too many imigrants that don't care about this sport.

I personally don't like baseball at all and I don't blame people to get less interested in baseball

only if they build a new stadium... i wish they built that stadium just south of the Bell Center, it was a perfect location, with easy access to pub transport and highway right in downtown...

584874942[/snapback]

Not like if the current stadium isn't accessable via Viau or PieIX subway station.

In any case, I want them back. I go to see them playing atleast 10 times a summer since 7 years.

80% of those matches are really good show!

****** americans, now they dare to steal our Glorious Expos!

ABC and a half!

Edited by ABC

You had no money for the walers, you got some for the expos?

oh yeah I forgot that the expos has no big salaries.. hehe

584885962[/snapback]

It's not like Connecticut doesn't have enough money, it's just that no one cares about Hartford/wants to go there. They're trying to change that though, and a real sports team would help.

• 2 weeks later...

Expos or Nationals...they're still going to suck.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-e...ov=ap&type=lgns

The Montreal Expos are about to get their new name: the Washington Nationals.

A city official and a baseball official, both speaking on condition of anonymity, said Friday that the team will reveal its new name, cap and red-white-and-blue color scheme during a news conference Monday

meh i dont care much for baseball teams....all i like is the nhl playoffs...which im starting to wonder if we'll have them this year :(

584955791[/snapback]

Only if you play NHL on the PC or console will you see the playoffs this year :p