LOGO_vs.gif

[Model]

N3000w

[Price]

ViewSonic - $1,799.00 (after savings)

Newegg - $1,759.00

TigerDirect - $1,749.00

eCost - $1,699.00

My Price - 5 finger discount... i mean 10 finger.. box was big.

[Overview]

30" wide-screen ultra-thin LCD HDTV compatible (29.5" viewable)

HD content protection (when using DVI input)

PIP

16ms response time

built in 20 watt speakers

1280x786 resolution

[Features]

Wide-screen HDTV

Ultra-high brightness of 450 nits and high contrast ratio of 400:1

integrated motion adaptive progressive scan

3-D comb filter and 3:2 pull down give you a later, clear picture with fewer artifacts

16ms response time

[specs]

Input 1 - 1xSVHS, 1x CVBS, 1x R/L audio

Input 2 - 1xSVHS, 1x CVBS, 1x R/L audio

Input 3 - 1x RCA component

Input 4 - 1x RCA component

Input 5 - RGB 15pin, 1/8" mini jack

Input 6 - DVI-D

Input 7 - 1x CVBS, 1x R/L audio

RS232 - no user function (used for firmware upgrade/service port)

Tuner - 2xNTSC

Compatibility-

PC - 1280x1024 max

Mac - 1280x1024 max

Audio-

Video Output - Speakers

Output 1 - 1xRGB 15pin

Output 1- Audio output R/L

Output 2- 1x subwoofer output

Weight - 17.0kg - 37lbs

Warrenty - 1 year warrenty on parts, labor, and backlight.

[My 2 cents]

Looking at the box it looks like it has enough room to fit a much larger TV inside, but all of that extra room is used up by styrofoam to protect the LCD TV. When you first open the box there is a smaller box inside in there you wiull find the remote controler, battteries, power cable, a VGA cable, and manuals.

Set up is extremely easy, planted it on the table, plugged it in and it was on and ready to go. Now there is one issue i have and that is with the remote controller, sometimes it has a slow response time, even when you are pointing the remote directly to the TV, but thats not a big deal.

Other than that, i played around with the menus and it was easy to get around and adjust things. I didn't need the manual for naything. the monitor is no adjustable, as in moving it up/down or side ways, i don't expect a 30" LCD to do that anyway.

Last thoughs on this TV. I like it a lot, of coarse the picture quality is excellent and so is the sound for regular viewing. I also believe ViewSonic has a solid name in Monitors, at least it does to me. I love their products. and i think it is worth pulling out a few extra bucks for a ViewSonic product.I had a choice of taking a toshiba 42" plasma TV or this one. Took me a cool minute to decide, but in the end i chose LCD over plasma and ViewSonic over Toshiba. I am happy with this choice and will be keeping this for a long time.

thanks for reading my review.

edit:

i continue to play around with the TV and explore other areas of it.. the settings are more customizable than i had imagined. It has a menu for every type of input and each one has its own color settings, its also got a built in parental control program under the "TV" menu. Another thing i noticed was you can zoom in up to 3x. There is one thing i noticed about picture quality and i think this goes for all LCD's and that is there is a lot of those jpeg things on cartoon shows like The Simpsons, noise or whatever its called. Not a huge thing and you quickly forget its there.

[Pictures]

sorry they're crappy.. battery was dying so i had to take quick shots..

1viewsoniclcd.JPG

2viewsoniclcd.JPG

3viewsoniclcd.JPG

4viewsoniclcd.JPG

5viewsoniclcd.JPG

6viewsoniclcd.JPG

7viewsoniclcd.JPG

8viewsoniclcd.JPG

Update 11/15/04

Per request i decided to try it out on my computer. Let me just say it doesn't belong with the computer, unless you really like the 1024x768 resolution. the pictures below were taken at the max resolution of 1290x1024 @ 60Hz, it supports 70 and 75Hz's, but at 70Hz you get these weird pinkish color crap on the screen sometimes. so its best to keep it at 60Hz and this is through the DVI port, unfortunately i can't take pics of it on TV because someone forgot to pay the satellite bill :pinch: but i did take pics while i was watching Forrest Gump. This is the best i can do with this crap camera.. kodac 5MP camera.

To conclude i would not use this TV/Monitor for a computer, otherwise this thing is awesome for watching TV, not for sitting 2-3 feet away from it. Things aren't as crisp, especially on higher resolutions. and even on the 1024x768 resolution, where it is the nicest, things are just too big :wacko: but hey, at least i get to see the emoticons bigger, they're even cooler now :happy: The monitor does not work on 1152x864 resolution though, i don't know who uses that either. :ermm:

30" LCD TV/Monitor as a Monitor (N) (N) (Y)

30" LCD TV/Monitor as a TV (Y) (Y) (Y)

now the pics.

they're 1600px so they're linked.

http://www.viceking.net/images/reviews/9viewsoniclcd.jpg

http://www.viceking.net/images/reviews/10viewsoniclcd.jpg

http://www.viceking.net/images/reviews/11viewsoniclcd.jpg

http://www.viceking.net/images/reviews/12viewsoniclcd.jpg

http://www.viceking.net/images/reviews/13viewsoniclcd.jpg

Another update:

OMG why did i do this :cry: 19" is so small now :(

Edited by Vice King

I would be interested to know how it handles a PC connected to it?  Is it possible for you to review more on that side of things?

584923656[/snapback]

i can do that tonight.. after work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...