[NCAA] Maurice Clarett

Maurice Clarett: Ohio St gave me cars, money, and grades.

That kid was/is a cancer to college football. I hope he never plays in the NFL.

But what's worse though, if this had been an SEC school we're talking about, oh God, probation in a heartbeat. No, the NCAA's not sleeping with the Big11 or anything. The big bad SEC members are the real cheaters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

honestly, this is sad, and bad for all of college football.

but don't be led to believe that this only happens at tOSU. i think i can say with certainty that this type of stuff, happens in one degree or another, at all major sports universities. and not just for football either...

also, you call him a cancer....but is he really the cancer, or just a side effect. if i were gonna call anyone a cancer, it would be teh people who give these things to the players. if you are a poor kid, grew up in a tough neighborhood, you aren't prepared for what to do when someone offers to buy you something, or loan you something.

also, you call him a cancer....but is he really the cancer, or just a side effect.  if i were gonna call anyone a cancer, it would be teh people who give these things to the players.  if you are a poor kid, grew up in a tough neighborhood, you aren't prepared for what to do when someone offers to buy you something, or loan you something.

584895933[/snapback]

You can't fault a poor, dumb (most likely), kid for not having the ethics to turn down that stuff when it is presented. No doubt there were promsies of taking care of his family as well, so he probably thought he was beign "responsible". I agree that the problem is not with these kids, they don't know any better. The NCAA needs to clamp down on this or at least let the kids get jobs.

well, they were trying the whole job thing, right? with the landscaping business or whatever. but no one's gonna work a job if they can get everything for free...

Nah, there comes a point when a person has to be accountable for their own actions. Blame his story on "outside" connections all you want. He lied to police about what all was stolen from his car. That kid is interested in nothing but himself and he has no morals, that's why he's ready to sing like a bird against his own school...he's a waste in so many forms.

To be truthful....I think he's telling the truth about what happened at The Ohio State University. I Think it happens at ALL of the major Universities. And as far as Maurice being stupid, it must be difficult to play football and worry about school so that is probably why he required the free marks.

also, you call him a cancer....but is he really the cancer, or just a side effect.  if i were gonna call anyone a cancer, it would be teh people who give these things to the players.  if you are a poor kid, grew up in a tough neighborhood, you aren't prepared for what to do when someone offers to buy you something, or loan you something.

584895933[/snapback]

I can call him that. Everything.....EVERYTHING about Maurice Clarett is himself. No one else matters. Rules don't matter. They diddn't matter at OSU, they don't matter with the NFL. I deserve this, that this that....Clarett knew accepting things was wrong....having other people do your schoolwork, all that stuff....

Maurice Clarett is one of the most self-centered people I have seen.

i'm just guessing, but i'd say at least 50% of the major sports athletes, at major sport universities, have done something at some point in their career. clarett may have been worse, i don't doubt that, but to put all the blame on him doesn't make sense to me.

I hate to see this to Maurice. He was such a great back. He WILL be an awesome back in the NFL no doubt. He should have not said anything and just waited until next year and worked out a lot. He'll be ready for the NFL. He's gonna be good.

I hate to see this to Maurice.  He was such a great back.  He WILL be an awesome back in the NFL no doubt.  He should have not said anything and just waited until next year and worked out a lot.  He'll be ready for the NFL.  He's gonna be good.

584901057[/snapback]

Working out doesn't mean squat - he hasn't been playing and that is what counts. I can't see him even being drafted.

He's gonna get drafted. He was Hiesman Canidate for about 10 weeks into the season as a "true" freshmen. He'll do fine in the NFL.

Had he stayed at Ohio State, he would have been the next Eddie George.

He's gonna get drafted.  He was Hiesman Canidate for about 10 weeks into the season as a "true" freshmen.  He'll do fine in the NFL.

Had he stayed at Ohio State, he would have been the next Eddie George.

584906791[/snapback]

Yeah, but only 10 weeks of playing non-High school football. How long has it been since he has played at all, 12 months at least?

If he has a good agent maybe he'll get drafted, but e also has a lot of attitude baggage. If he does get drafted I would expect him to be a hold out for sure.

I think he'll be drafted, but in the mid-ranks somewhere. Like 4th round. I don't see too many teams willing to take that chance.

That being said, there are a few teams that need to address the RB situation.

• 3 months later...

Yep, I know this is an old thread, but the relevance is still here regarding Clarette. It's interesting reading these replies in the light of the latest developments....that, and I am the mod in charge here....so nyah. :p

Nice call, Armeck. hehe

It's interesting reading these replies in the light of the latest developments....that, and I am the mod in charge here....so nyah.  :p

585546922[/snapback]

:laugh: (Y)