[NBA] First-Week Attendance Record

NBA Sets First-Week Attendance Record

NEW YORK - A record 17 home-opener sellouts brought NBA attendance to 95 percent capacity for the first week of the season.

The league said Thursday that the record eclipsed the previous home opener sellout mark of 15 established during the 1997-98 season.

During the first 10 days of the season, there were eight overtime games, which also tied a record for that span, set in 1985-86.

Article Link

Good news for the NBA. :)

Maybe the lockout of NHL helped increase the nbr for NBA? :p

584905393[/snapback]

Not too many people watched hockey anyway, so I don't think that's the reason ;)

I think the fact that a team like the Pistons won the championship last season helped greatly. It's pretty difficult to pick a team to win it when in the recent years it's been a toss up between 2-3 teams from the West. The Eastern teams now have a chance against the West, and quite a few of them match up pretty decent.

I think the fact that a team like the Pistons won the championship last season helped greatly. It's pretty difficult to pick a team to win it when in the recent years it's been a toss up between 2-3 teams from the West. The Eastern teams now have a chance against the West, and quite a few of them match up pretty decent.

584908580[/snapback]

Maybe my Celtics have a chance to go beyond the Eastern Finals (which they have had problems with the last few years).

interesting.. i'm a huge basketball fan (Pistons) but i dont watch any games or even care about it until later on in the season.. when it starts to get intense. and i am going to bet big this time.. maybe put few hundred on the Pistons.

I have a feeling that the attendance in going to continue to climb, especially after the Pacers-Pistons brawl. Even though it is bad pub, they have had a 72 hour + commercial for the league. You can't buy that advertising.