Ol' Dirty ****** of Wu-Tang dies

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1493725/2...?headlines=true

Rapper Ol' Dirty ****** Dies

11.13.2004 7:56 PM EST

Sources close to ODB said he had been complaining of chest pains earlier in the day.

Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ol' Dirty ****** died on Saturday (November 13) in New York, according to his spokesperson.

Sources close to ODB (whose real name was Russell Jones) said he had been complaining of chest pains earlier in the day.

A statement was released Saturday evening by ODB's mother, Cherry Jones. "This evening I received a phone call that is every mother's worst dream," she said. "My son, Russell Jones, passed away. To the public, he was known as Ol' Dirty ******. To me, he was known as Rusty, the kindest and most generous soul on earth. I appreciate all the support I received. Russell was more than a rapper ? he was a loving father, brother, uncle and most of all, son. With love, Cherry Jones.

MTV News will have more on this story as it develops.

? Shaheem Reid

RIP to one of the b(Y) (Y)

Wu-Tang Clan member Ol? Dirty ****** passed away today (November 13).

While details are sketchy, sources told AllHipHop.com that the rapper collapsed and died in a Manhattan recording studio.

Ol' Dirty had complained of chest pains, but the cause of death was not immediatley known.

The nine members of the veteran rap group appeared at The Theater at the Continental Airlines Arena for their first joint East Coast appearance in five years, in which Ol' Dirty was scheduled to perform. Sources said the rapper failed to appear for unknown reasons.

One of the founding members of the Wu-Tang Clan, the 35-year-old helped lay down the foundation for some of the most influential Hip-Hop in history.

He brought an air of humor to the macho world of rap, yet maintained enough integrity to be taken serious amongst a fickle Hip-Hop audience.

Full story

Damn, I'm a huge wu-tang fan, and althought I wasn't the biggest ODB fan this is still sad news. RIP Russell Jones:unsure:e:

While details are sketchy, sources told AllHipHop.com that the rapper collapsed and died in a Manhattan recording studio.

Ol' Dirty had complained of chest pains, but the cause of death was not immediatley known.

The nine members of the veteran rap group appeared at The Theater at the Continental Airlines Arena for their first joint East Coast appearance in five years, in which Ol' Dirty was scheduled to perform. Sources said the rapper failed to appear for unknown reasons.

One of the founding members of the Wu-Tang Clan, the 35-year-old helped lay down the foundation for some of the most influential Hip-Hop in history.

He brought an air of humor to the macho world of rap, yet maintained enough integrity to be taken serious amongst a fickle Hip-Hop audience.

ROFL. I am only laughing becuase I am watching Chappelle's show and it reminded me of that episode when Wu-Tang Clan was drafted to the Asians and one of them said, "ODB would like to announouce has changed his name from *something* to the Old Dirty Chinese Restaurant. Kenichiwa, bitches." or something to that affect.

Also, it's kind of wierd that two people that were mentioned/been on Chappelle's show recently have dropped dead.

talk about a surprise! r.i.p. ol dirty.

and for those not respecting a death or the genre get over it. the genre will probably outlive you and it will return the sentiment.