$300 Projector!

I don't think I would be able to take apart a LCD when I am here with a old CRT. But it would be neat to play some HalfLife 2 on the side of a house or something.

i got a $30 projector for you...

$30 for the flat piece of mahnify glass that the light comes through on the projectors.

Carboard box

Flat black paint

1) paint inside of the box

2) turn tv upside down

3) cut slots in the carboard box so that you can move the glass back and forth

4) forgot to say to attach small handles on the glass so you can move it back and forth to focus

there you got yourself a $30 projector

That sure is cool, and worth the price, but the project is too risky (taking apart the lcd) and too fragile (exposed display circutry / unreinforced screen). Other than that, if you need a projector solution that doesn't need to be transported, I'd say its worth it.

(Y)

BTW, this was today's Hack-A-Day hack (www.hackaday.com). Visit that site daily for some pretty cool hacks/mods.

Ok so they talk about the old projectors and the new ones. They briefly touch on heat and also say that the newer projectors give more Lumens. Now I'm just wondering if you run a newer projector does it produce more heat or do the new lamps, the HQI lamps produce much more heat? And I know they talk about not having anything under 350W for a lamp but really what is the minimum wattage you would want for using this in the daytime?

I saw this on the german THG site a few weeks ago. Im allready checking ebay to get a cheap overhead projector but didnt find one yet. Whenever I should get one and get this thing setup ima post about it

i thought this forum was for guides that users wrote, not stuff they found on /. and then posted. just doesn't make much sense to post a guide but have it just be url to some other site.

Now ifinally know whats behind my laptop screen!

Its a really smart easy solution

Before there where projectors...

there where tons of these type of solutions trying to a projection via tv etc

weird contraptions

I dislike over head projectors for their warp(along sides) and the glow you get in the middle

but still

Thanx for tip

maycome in handy

Nice little project. A $300 projector is a bit on the cheap side for a half way decent one.

Going by their pictures they jimmy rigged it. I'd go for a cleaner setup.

• 2 weeks later...