• It's Back on Java (heheh)
    • The Stability (debatable from some)
    • It`s Music & Photo Features
    • Simply the best OS EVER
    • The Windows 9x Killer!!!
    • The Lawsuits against it
    • I hate it! or I think its just ok. not special
    • I am just a beta tester, im switching back to my favourite OS afterwards

Windows XP is simply the best operating system that has ever been released. It has an attractive user interface, a stable kernel, and it is easy to use. Any other operating system (with the exception of Mac OS X; it runs not so far behind) is simply left in the dust.

the GUI is horrible

its something little kids would find cool

for businesses who wants to see huge blue titlebars with bubble like buttons...seriously

they really aimed this OS at newcomers because of all the extra effort they put into explaining things.

hahaha yes, I totally agree with you on that freexa, the GUI is wayyyy too mickey mouse-like. :p I'm happy with the classic look. Thank God they make that available :D

I like the interface and I see no reason why businesses wouldn't like it. The blue themes is a little childish but the silver one looks a lot better in this way and IMO is better than the old Windows style.

Plus like you said you can always use classic so it isn't such an issue.

There are WindowBlinds 3 skins that closely resemble the watercolor look. But I would not suggest using it until the final version is released.

I agree: they should have at least left the watercolor theme an option, but unfortunately they did not.

Microsoft is releasing a new version of Windows XP on the 25th October, called the Windows XP Crayloa Edition, it comes with an extended set of crayons that allow you to customise your new user intercate right on the screen.

i don't care what the look is like, blue, silver, green, i like them all(yes, over the classic look) ..but as long as it works stably..that's all i want. :right: :devious:

It's Win2k with cosmetic surgery... I have to say that I love WinXP though, it Rox the house!!!

I have had A hard time getting used the the new Lunar GUI, so 'classic' is the way I run it!

If you want to get your hands on XP Pro here is a pretty good deal... The catch is that you have to be A partner (or know someone who is...)

Windows XP for cheap

I would say it's not A bad idea if you have any connections... :)

XP wins my vote.... If it had a backside I would be spanking it for not been here years ago....

The stability is great too..... I ran Whistler for weeks on end without hiccups, this is going the same way by the looks of it....

I expect my 180day limit to be over before I need to reboot due to the system hanging up.

Bill and the Boys did their homework on this one....

The features really make it stand out though. Media player is the best so far and I may just use it instead of Winamp...... Boy that's something seeing that I am a die hard Winamp fan.

Say no more, XP is the best....

Originally posted by configure

They've the classic theme.. lucky me.. :D

L0L- Count me in for this post :) IMHO, the new lunar shell (GUI) is not good for businesses, period. Some may disagree, but that's why I said IMHO... So please, If you disagree with me, don't tell me not to use the OS, I think it Rox (in classic mode ;) )!!!

Xp is cool. The GUI is good for a few days but then i bet everyone would go back to the classic theme, Its less resource hungry. Im using the classic version and its fast as hell. I have faced only the crackling sound problem on xp so far.

I like XP for following main reasons:

- The new interface (good for home user though, but not business)

- More stability

- Much faster startup and faster time opening up programs

Just my two cents :D

The whole point of Windows XP is the new interface. They started out with the Watercolor/Professional theme which was a great theme that did not use up many resources. Microsoft applied the new luna theme to the Home Edition only, but business users liked the new luna theme, so MS applied it to the Pro version as well, ditching the Watercolor theme. The Blue theme looks childish to most, but IMO it looks great because I really like the color blue. The silver theme looks great too, as most people prefer it over the Blue theme. But IMO going back to the classic theme basically defeats the whole point of Windows XP. Sure you may still have the new start menu, but the main element to the new GUI (the luna theme) is eliminated. I wished that MS would have left the Watercolor theme as a choice, as it consumes less resources than the Luna theme, but the Luna theme is better than the plain 'ol classic GUI.

I see no one voted for the "music and photos" option. I didn't vote for it because that wasn't my top likable option, but I think they have some cool features in there. I love the thumbnail view when browsing through a folder of tons of pictures, its kinda helpful.

The other cool thing is the picture preview program they build in, I can finally stop installing ACDsee to preview everything :)