May Desktops

Originally posted by srg311  

can someone please explain how to show my desktop .jpg on this forum........??? thanx in advance :D

First you have to get you image hosted. Then you simply link to image using the vB code or HTML code. Whichever you like to use. Some easy vB code is here, https://www.neowin.net/bboard/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode

Once you do that, your image will be viewed by millions (okay maybe thousands) around the world.

can someone please explain how to show my desktop .jpg on this forum........??? thanx in advance

well, here goes..

1. get an ftp client like flashfxp or wsftp le from www.cnet.com

2.upload yer desktop.jpg to your host. there are many free hosts out there, do a bit of googlin

3. post a link to yer desktop on a post.

Originally posted by srg311  

can someone please explain how to show my desktop .jpg on this forum........??? thanx in advance :D

Upload your pic to your favorite web space, and then just surround the url in image tages:

{img}www.somesite/yourdesktop.jpg{/img}

*replace "{ }" with "[ ]"

wish someone would be cool like Timdorr and host desktop pix like he does sigs:S

i don't have any web space and all of the free hosts i find block image hosting

lol, not sure if its superior, but it sure is damn sweet. :) take a look, had to resize it from 1920x1440, but its sweet :)

8728thmbl.gif

This is my desktop small, and the one below is my desktop enlarged, web linked

Large picture

Originally posted by Fonze  

wish someone would be cool like Timdorr and host desktop pix like he does sigs:S  

i don't have any web space and all of the free hosts i find block image hosting

Fonze I'd be up for doing one as I can handle the bandwith and disk space, but I don't have a cool page like Timdorr and I would rather have it all setup like that. If I can get something like that I'm totally up for it.

maydesk1.jpg

Plain desktop. Simple, no icons,stunning Rei Ayanami wallpaper. Just changed from Sosumi to ChosenOS for this screenshot: means I'll re-do my whole desktop once again... expect major updates here.

Oh yeah, had to reduce to 800x600 and yet used a kinda crappy compression cuz the size would be way too big. Blame it on Ayanami :)

ok, new month, but I only get this desktop for a few more days (I go home for the summer! :D )

- got rid of the start button (never liked it anyways...)

- added halos to my icons (using my super secret technique!)

- simple background

- cool icon layout

desktopsmall.jpg

click for a bigger version!

and enjoy!