15" powerbook on ebay

i have an uncle in london.. where hes selling it.. what do you reckon if propose he meet face to face to do the exchange..

if he says yes.. then it shows he is genuine?

BINGO!, perfect plan. he will drop you fast if he's a scammer. tell ur uncle to go buy a gun though ;)

and also to have someone follow him that actually has the money on them. ur uncle best not have 2k cash on him in this case. not a smart thing to do.

i have an uncle in london.. where hes selling it.. what do you reckon if propose he meet face to face to do the exchange..

if he says yes.. then it shows he is genuine?

584935088[/snapback]

hell yeah....even if you don't.....bluff him.... :p

i gotta run, best of luck to ya mate (hehe, feels weird sayn that). If u need anything just PM me or sumn.

if u get screwed, i've got a few underground connections.... :handcuffs: :sleep:

BUSTED.. hes a scammer alright, thanks for your help guys! all of you

>

>Sorry, I'm not playing games. This is too strange for me.....

>

>Best wisheas!

>Klaus

sorry, im not being scammed... dont worry though, im happy to spread the word youre a scammer :D

guess whos being reported to ebay!

This is definitely a scam. If you have a new Powerbook, will you write like 100 emails just to sell it to someone abroad for dirty cheap? If he does have the powerbook, he could get so much more selling it in U.K.

About his eBay rating, even if you get scammed, there's no way you can leave him a negative feedback, since you are dealing outside eBay. He probably have scammed a lot of people this way.

I did some research on his address to help you, and I didn't like the results.

He lives in Leytonstone, London with zip code E113HU on 212A High Street. I found a reference on the Internet to someone else at that exact residence advertising an immigration consultant services (which may explain his poor English). I could not determine how old this information is though.

Username: hameera

UserEmail: lip_gloss30(at)hotmail.com

UserTel: 02085555557

Address: 212A high road leytonstone

ContactRequested: ContactRequested

Remote Name: userfe126.dsl.pipex.com

Comments

immigration consultancy

At a very similar address, 212 High Road without the 'A' there is a cleaners.
Super Dry Cleaners 020 8534 2203

212 High Road Leytonstone, Leytonstone, E113HU

But perhaps this is another space. If either address listing is correct, it doesn't sound like they should be selling cheap laptops.

Also, "Klaus Tomek" is a German name and I think hameera is Muslim.

Good luck!

I did some research on his address to help you, and I didn't like the results.

He lives in Leytonstone, London with zip code E113HU on 212A High Street.  I found a reference on the Internet to someone else at that exact residence advertising an immigration consultant services (which may explain his poor English).  I could not determine how old this information is though.

At a very similar address, 212 High Road without the 'A' there is a cleaners.

But perhaps this is another space.  If either address listing is correct, it doesn't sound like they should be selling cheap laptops.

Also, "Klaus Tomek" is a German name and I think hameera is Muslim.

Good luck!

584935380[/snapback]

Hahaha, that's certainly interesting.

Think of it this way...

He spells TERRIBLY for a 50 year old man. Yes, that one reply was very dodgy and strange, why would he go to such great lengths to talk about being with the same woman for bla bla years??

AND THIS IS THE BIGGEST GIVEAWAY OF THEM ALL.... LOOK at the auctions he has sold before. They are VERY strange auctions. He was selling friggen BROCHURES and T-SHIRTS to get his good rating, and then after that, he is now making some Mac auctions and then pulling out to do private deals and using his crappy BROCHURE FEEDBACK he is trying to make people trust him. He says he only has one Mac, and he has several offers. I doubt whether he would tell you about his personal life if he had more than one offer-because it's not like he would be desperate to get rid of it with you...

So yes, great call, smart play. I just thought I'd point that out seeing as I read through the posts just now ;)

L8er

Think of it this way...

He spells TERRIBLY for a 50 year old man.

584935415[/snapback]

Well, that is plausbile. English may not be his native language. I can't understand why he has the ebay user name blueladysmith when he is a guy! His auction was pulled by EBay, he wants you to directly send him money without any insurance/tracabiltiy and in a foriegn currency, he has never sold something like this before.

thanks russ, kyuubi... massive help there :D

584935204[/snapback]

no prob dude, just had to check back and see how it went. Good call! if u want a good deal on macs... www.macmall.com is pretty good, gets you out of taxes atleast. Or whatever you have in australia(right?).

cya

haha wow... what a w*nker... nice research guys, thanks once again to all of you..

despite the fact i didnt get a powerbook... i found that heaps of fun :D

I've bought two g4 powerbooks within the last two years. I've used paypal in both of the auctions and receieved additional photos of the product from the seller.

I am glad that you didn't get scammed and I am still laughing about his last message "Sorry, I'm not playing games. This is too strange for me....."

:D