[NASCAR] Ford 400

Yeah, the new points system definitely put some competition back into the season. I'm not a big fan of NASCAR, but my dad is, and he's a big fan of Jeff Gordon, so he's a bit disappointed with the outcome. But, there's always next season.

I think it was a good race, and I only saw the last 15 laps or so. I think NASCAR made a good choice with the "Chace to the Championship" points format this year. And it was the clocest ever points championship in NASCAR history.

Here are the final points for the top ten if anyone wants to know:

Rank	Driver	Behind
1.  --	Kurt Busch	Leader
2.  --	Jimmie Johnson	-8
3.  --	Jeff Gordon	-16
4.  +1	Mark Martin	-107
5.  -1	Dale Earnhardt Jr.	-138
6.  --	Tony Stewart	-180
7.  --	Ryan Newman	-326
8.  --	Matt Kenseth	-437
9.  --	Elliott Sadler	-482
10.  --	Jeremy Mayfield	-506

I think it definitely made for a closer and more interesting race to the championship. I'm usually opposed to such changes, but hey, if it makes it more exciting for the fans then it's good for the sport.

Great race... Wish that tire came off Busch's car in the pits instead of onto the race track! Those are the breaks... I was hoping Gordon or Johnson would take it... Especially due to the Hendrick tragedy. Bummer.

jafo

yea bush got VERY luck that the tire went on the track, and that he ddin't cream the pit wall. and yea, it would have been nice to see jimmy win, he made a real good comeback even tho i wasn't going for him (go mark martin~)