Starting a band

Hey, I'm starting a band. At the age of 13 already got a guitar player. He can play "Metallica - Fight fire with fire" if you ever heard it. It's really fast and you have to have good hands to play it.

Well anyways, I'm starting a song, I need your help "as people of the world" to tell me what you think of it. Please tell the truth too. It's going to be like Linkin Park (not so rap like though) and a little more Heavy. I can do many diffent voices and I've been trying them out to see what sounds the best.

Well here's the song...

Im running away from the souls inside of me

taking control of me.

I cant handle this pain

The pain inside of me is taking me apart

piece by piece I disappear

This pain is making me ill

Its killing me

I cant stand it

The pain is just so

****ing irritating

trying to take control of me

Killing the souls inside of me

Tell me what you think please. Oh ya and I do need help with a name for the band. If you have any suggestions please tell me them. I'll be sure to give you credit for the name on the first cd. If I make it that far.

Runing away (full song)

taking control of me.

I cant handle this pain

Its killing me

I cant stand it

The pain is just so

****ing irritating

I just can't keep runing away

I have to face this pain

Down inside of me

So Bring on the pain

Facing the pain isnt

as hard as i thought it would be

This pain means nothing to me

now that I have control of my self

So bring on the pain

sounds pretty cool!! after reading your lyrics over and over i can come up with some decent power chord riffs for it.

what kind of music are you playing? im all punk so its easy for me to come up with some sick riffs for your song lyrics.

Originally posted by SlipDope013  

Hey, I'm starting a band. At the age of 13 already got a guitar player. He can play "Metallica - Fight fire with fire" if you ever heard it. It's really fast and you have to have good hands to play it.  

Well anyways, I'm starting a song, I need your help "as people of the world" to tell me what you think of it. Please tell the truth too. It's going to be like Linkin Park (not so rap like though) and a little more Heavy. I can do many diffent voices and I've been trying them out to see what sounds the best.

Well here's the song...

taking control of me.

I cant handle this pain

Its killing me  

I cant stand it

The pain is just so

****ing irritating

Tell me what you think please. Oh ya and I do need help with a name for the band. If you have any suggestions please tell me them. I'll be sure to give you credit for the name on the first cd. If I make it that far.

anyone can write lyrics, its what you add to it that matters. the melody, rythum. etc.

that sounds like a staind song, anyway lol

:D Trust me it will be good. Once I get a full band I'll start the mp3's once I get sponcers I'll start the merch and Touring. Once A lot of people know about it then the cd will be released.

I'd hardly compaire fight fire with fire to linkin park!!!!

One word of advice : most people are tired of bands that are moaning about how hard it is for them, how their life is really bad, and they want to die.

Sorry for the negative post, but I know I'm sodding tired of moaning-numetal, and those lyrics *scream* numetal.

I was saying my guitarst can play the song fight fire with fire, I never said that is what we're gonna sound like, and thats only one song, I get song ideas all the time. Just have nothing to wright them on. This is just one that I got to wright down. Most of the songs I make are more like Slipknot.

Trust me it will be good. Once I get a full band I'll start the mp3's once I get sponcers I'll start the merch and Touring. Once A lot of people know about it then the cd will be released.

Bwahahahahahahahhaa

Either someones taking the p*ss, or is hoplessly optimistic!

hey SlipDope013,

I LOVE YOUR IDEA ABOUT SOUNDING LIKE LINKIN PARK!!! ;)

eh, just the fact that you're going to try and emulate their sound is already showing that you have a good start in the right direction. :D

keep me posted about info on your band. or at least tell me where i can keep updated, kay? thanks. good luck with your band.

:p :p :p :p :p

From musician to musician.. there will be no "sponsers" for merch. Or anything else for that matter. I've been doing this **** for a long time people like to have the dream but not the motivation.

Originally posted by Chipi  

well i hate Linkin Park, but the lyrics are nice.

you just ain't knowing;) ...j/k, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. at least you show that you're not totally closed minded by stating you like their lyrics. but still sad to see you're not a fan.

:p :p :p :p :p

Originally posted by Chipi  

i meant to say that SlipDope013's lyrics are nice,

i hate the lyrics of linkin park too :D :D :D :s :p  

they are too much "we are in it for the money" thing...

Hehe Thanks man.

heres part of the riff tell me what you think

The pain inside of /+(pause with guitar riff) is taking me /+ apart

piece by piece /X2(repeat this - quiter second time) I disappear